Chapter 4

Maya's P.O.V.

I head to my locker and grab my books. I'm trying to hide from Lucas. I'm so worried he saw that page. I look into the mirror in my locker and I look fine. I put on some more lip gloss, mash my lips together to mix it in, and then I close my locker door. As soon as I close it Farkle is standing right behind it. "Farkle!" I yell and put one hand on my heart. "You scared me!" "Why do you always put your hand on your heart when your scared?" He asks laughing. "I don't know to try to calm down my heart." I say trying to calm myself down. "But Farkle I'm actually glad your here I have something really important to talk to you about." I say and we walk to a corner in the hall that's small and quiet.

"What is it?" He asks. "Remember that sketch I drew from yesterday at the library? You know the one of Lucas and I?" I ask. "Yeah why?" "Well after I left the library, I walked to the park and he saw me there and we talked." I start. "Yeah, okay." He says signaling for me to finish. "As we were talking I put my sketchbook down and after we talked I walked away and forgot it." I say. "Woman keep going!" He yells. "Okay, okay! What if Huckleberry grabbed it and looked through it and saw that picture?!" I ask that last part grabbing Farkles shoulders and shaking him.

"Okay don't panic. Ummm think Farkle think!" He yells at himself. DING! DING! The first bell rings to go to class. "Oh no! First I have math and I have it with him!" I say panicked. "It's going to be okay, Maya. Just try and avoid him." He says. He gives me a quick hug and heads to his first class. "Farkle wait!" I yell but of course he doesn't hear me. "Ugh! I guess my only option is to go to class." I say to myself.

I head to class and sit in my seat. Lucas sits one person to the left of me so at least there's someone in between us. "Welcome to class!" Mrs. Kravitz greets us. "Okay so today you will be grading your assignments in partners so everyone pick a partner and you'll trade papers to grade with them." Mrs. Kravitz says with a smile. She's one of the few teachers I actually don't hate here. Uh oh I thought because Lucas is looking at me. He wants to partner up. Everyone stands up and finds their partner. Lucas comes to my desk and talks to me. "Hey Maya, wanna be partners?" He asks. "Uhhhh sure!" I say and he sits in the desk next to me.

After we grade our papers, Mrs. Kravitz has to look at her computer to look at something so we had a minute to chat with our partner. Just great! "So Maya, about last night." Lucas starts. I try to avoid him so I look right since he's on my left. "Maya." He says as I pretend to look somewhere to my right. "Maya." He says I still pretend to look to other way. "Maya!" He almost screams and I realize I can't avoid him anymore. "What?" I ask. "You left your sketchbook at the park but I grabbed it for you."

A/N Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter! I actually kind of liked writing this chapter. So for every chapter of I can't get 15 votes I will post the next chapter early if that makes sense. Remember to keep sending fan art and even just pictures you love edited that you'd like to share in one of my chapters. I was so excited to post this chapter! Like oh my heck I'm so excited to post the next one! Thanks readers!