Chapter 8

Maya's P.O.V.

I wake up and my head is laying on Lucas' shoulder. I lift my head and look around. Oh yeah I'm still in the hospital. I turn my head to look at the clock and it's 9. They must've let me sleep in. "Hey Huckleberry?" I ask shaking his shoulder a little bit. "Yeah?" He asks half asleep with his eyes still closed. "Good morning." "Yep." He replies. "Wow your so nice." I say climbing out of the bed. Just then a doctor rushes in. "Maya lay down! You're not supposed to be out of bed." The doctor yells at me. "But I got out of bed last night!" I argue. "Well things are more serious than we thought." The doctor says grabbing my arm and bringing me towards my bed.

"Hey!" Lucas yells. "I will handle her! Don't hurt her!" He yells again and jumps out of the bed. He gently grabs my hand and brings me over back to the bed. "I don't want to lay down I wanna go for a walk." I fight Lucas. "No, Maya you can't." "Let me go!" I yell and scramble to the floor. "Maya stop! This isn't good for your health! This is causing stress and that's the last thing we want!" The doctor says rushing over to the table in the corner. As I'm fighting Lucas I see the doctor give him a look and Lucas nods his head. "Why'd you just nod at him?! Lucas tell me what's going on!" I demand. The doctor walks over to me. "Okay Maya calm down it's just a-" "No! No! No! Lucas don't let him touch me! Lucas!" I scream as the doctor presses the needle into my skin and I'm ejected with this weird stuff that puts me to sleep but before I sleep I say everything I can before I go. "Lucas you said you'd protect me! Your a liar! I hate you!" I scream and drift into sleep.

I wake up to the doctor speaking to me. "Maya? Maya are you awake?" He asks. I open my eyes and I have a mask over my face. "You're wearing a breathing mask, but it's okay. You're okay." He tries to comfort me but it doesn't work. I start to breathe heavily and I fight to get out of the bed but I'm strapped to it. I scream inside my mask and fight to get out. I look around and I kick and scream, my eyes roll onto something. It's Lucas. He's watching me through the glass. "See it's Lucas. It's that boy that you love see! Everything is okay Maya you're safe." The doctor says and turns around. I tear off the straps that are pressing me to the bed and I get out and run to him. "Maya no!" The doctor screams as I run to Lucas. Lucas gets a panicked look on his face as I keep coming closer and sprint harder. My body pounds against a wall and my head hits a window and I collapse to the ground until everything goes black.

I open my eyes to be in bed again. The breathing mask again. The hospital gown again. "Maya this is not happening again." The doctor says tightening the straps keeping me down. I breathe heavily and fight again but it does no good. I close my eyes and try to calm down. I feel hands on my arms. I open my eyes and it's Lucas. "Yeah she doesn't look good." Lucas says to the doctor. "That's gonna be there for a while." The doctor says stroking my forehead. I close my eyes and take deep breathes. "Maya, you're okay. I'm here I'm not leaving you." Lucas' sweet voice says as he sits next to me.

I try to talk but the mask is too much. "Shhhhh don't talk. Everything is fine. You're going to be okay." He comforts me. I open my eyes and Lucas is smiling at me. I start to cry. Why did this have to happen. "Maya do you want us to put you to sleep?" The doctor says holding a syringe. "No! No!" I yell through my mask. "No. She's been through enough." Lucas says. "Then make her calm down." The doctor says angrily. Wow, what a great guy. "Of course she's freaking out. She's in the hospital and she doesn't know why. She woke up here in this jail and doesn't know when she'll get out." Lucas says. This is a nightmare I...I just can't anymore! I'm scared I don't really know what's wrong with me I've been knocked out so many times I'm done. "Now. I'm going to let her rest for a while but she's all dosed up so she may get a bit weird. You can stay as long as you want...well until 8 of course." The doctor says and walks away. "Go to sleep Maya, I'll probably be here when you wake up. I'm always here for you. I love y-" his words are cut and my vision goes black.

N/A
Hey guys! Sorry this chapter kind of sucks and I know it's two weeks late but I've have a busy couple of weeks. Also I would like to say something about the pictures that are above on each chapter. No I don't own them! I found them off of google and someone else's picture was on there I thought "hey this looks good I'll use this" and I used it. I'm not saying it's mine! So no I am not copywriting. Also thank you so much for 200! It means a lot when you guys vote and read and even just comment and say "update" because it makes me feel like I'm doing a good job. Just thank you so much I can't even right now! Thanks readers!