Chapter 19

PLEASE READ A/N AT THE BOTTOM SUPER IMPORTANT YOU CAN GET A SHOUTOUT!!!

Maya's POV

"Tommy?" I ask. "Yeah?" He asks wiping his face with his arm. "Where were you planning on going?" I ask. "I was going to the police station that's just down there." He says and points East. I think for a moment. "The police! We need to tell the police about that man!" I say. "Are you comfortable staying with me until we find out if your parents are okay?" I ask. He nods and I grab his hand. I look out the store window to see if he's still there and he's getting up off the ground. I pull out my phone and dial the number for the New York police department. It barely even rings once before someone picks up.

"New York police department." A man greets on the other line. "Hi, my name is Maya Hart. I was walking down to my friends apartment building when a man jumped out of a gray van and grabbed a little boy who happened to be walking down the street." I say. "Did they get away?" The man asks. "No. I'm with the boy now. I ran up to the man and kicked him somewhere..." I trail off but I think the man gets the idea. "Anyway, I grabbed the boy and we ran into a store while the man was on the ground and the boy and I are safe but yuh need to come get the man." I say. "Okay where are you?" The man asks. "400 North. Right in front of..." I trail off looking for the name of this store. "Barclays." I reply. "Okay. We're on our way." He says. "Thank you!" I quickly say and hang up.

Oh what am I gonna do? Just go to Josh's house with this kid? Am I going to adopt him or something? Wait...he has no family. Oh no I'm so stressed I don't know what to do! I guess I'll just take Tommy with me to Josh's and explain. Maybe he'll know what to do. We watch as police come and arrest the man that attacked Tommy. "Look it Tommy! They got him!" I say enthusiastically. "Yay!" He says holding his hand up for a high five. I give him a high five and he gives me a huge smile. I pick him up and he rests on my hip while my arms are holding his back. "Let's go see Josh!" I say in a cheery tone. "Yay!" He cheers. We walk outside and we talk to the police for a moment. They just make sure everything is ok and then they drive away with the evil man. I hold Tommy's hand and we walk to Josh's together.

Knock! Knock! Knock! I knock on Josh's apartment door. After about 5 seconds he opens the door. "Hey May-" he stops for a moment and stares surprisingly at Tommy. "Who's this?" He asks very confused. "This is Tommy." I say with a smile and Tommy waves at him with a smile. "Ummm come in." Josh says and Tommy and I walk in and sit on his couch. "Maya, can I...talk to you for a sec?" Josh asks. "Sure, I'll be right back Tommy stay here." I say. He nods and Josh and I walk into his bedroom.

He puts his hand on his face and he sighs. "What?" I ask. "You didn't tell me you had a son!" Josh says angrily. "Josh he isn't my son!" "Maya you don't need to be embarrassed." Josh says. "He isn't my son!" I claim my tone getting angry. "Who's the father? Is it Lucas?" Josh asks. "No!" I shout. "Why'd you have sex with Lucas?" Josh asks. "I didn't!" I shout. This time my tone is very angry. "If that's not your son, than who is he?" Josh asks. "I was on my way here when a sketchy gray van pulled up to the curb next to me. I was a little weirded out so I just kept walking faster. I heard a little boy screaming for help behind me, so I turn around and the man grabbed Tommy and tried to kidnap him. I ran up to the man and kicked him where the sun don't shine, he dropped to the floor, I grabbed Tommy and we bailed. I called the cops, they've taken care of the man." I explain. "Wow, Maya. That was very brave of you. You saved this boy when you knew you there was a chance he could've killed you or hurt you." Josh says. "Yeah, he was so little and innocent and I just had to help him." I say. "So what now? Are you gonna keep him?" Josh asks.

"I don't know. His parents were fighting and his mom pulled out a gun. His dad told him to run and he ran to the streets. That's why he happened to be on the street. He was heading to the police station for help." I say. "You're amazing. You saved his life." Josh says staring into my eyes. "His story is similar to mine, except my dad didn't leave like his did. His dad didn't want to leave..." I say trailing off. Josh comes closer and puts his hand on my face. He gently pulls my lips closer to his and he kisses me. The weird thing is I let him. We make out for a second and I realize, this isn't right. This needs to be Lucas not Josh. You're cheating on Lucas right now I tell myself. I pull away after about 2 minutes of making out. "What's wrong?" He asks. "Josh I need to go." I say looking for the door handle. "Why?" Josh asks. "How could you do this to me?" I ask getting angry. "I...I don't know. I like you Maya. I always have. I just couldn't see that til now. He follows me into his living room and I grab Tommy's hand. "Well, you're a little late for that Josh." I say looking into his eyes. I walk out the door before I can say a word and we head over to Lucas's.

A/N:
Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter! So I have a favor to ask it's not big. Can someone look at how many views I have on this book and comment because I have an iPhone and I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it won't tell me exactly how many views I have so if someone could please do that then vote for this chapter and you'll get a shoutout even if there's more than one person who comments. 5 votes is all you need to get the next chapter early! 5 votes so let's get there! Love you all! Thanks readers!