Chapter 22

Maya's POV

We open the door to have Tommy painting on Shawn's face. "What happened here?" I asked wiping my eyes. "He wanted to paint and we're out of paper so he wanted to paint my face." Shawn says smiling. "Well all that matters is if you guys had fun!" Lucas says putting his arm around me. "Yeah! We had so much fun!" Tommy screams. I look at Lucas and my smile turns to a frown. I can tell just in his eyes that he wants to say something. "Listen Tommy, we need to talk to you.." I say wiping Tommy's hands clean of paint. "Let's all sit down." Lucas says and I put Tommy on my lap and Shawn scoots closer. "Tommy, we went over to your apartment." I say starting to cry. "Is my dad okay?" Tommy asks concerned. "No...Tommy I'm sorry....your dad isn't here anymore." I say starting to sob. "What do you mean? Where did he go?" Tommy asks raising his eyebrow. "Tommy....your father.....was killed." Lucas says. "He's....he's dead?" Tommy asks, his face turning pale. "Yes....we're so sorry Tommy." I say and he starts to cry.

I bring him into my arms and cuddle him as he cries into my chest. "Maya?" Tommy asks lifting his head. "Yes?" I ask. "Who killed him?" I pause for a moment. "Your....your mother did." I say. He starts to ball and comes back into my arms. Shawn stares at us with tears in his eyes and a frown. Lucas comes and embraces the two of us. We all just sob together for a while until Tommy cries himself to sleep. I get tired and close my eyes as well. I couldn't help but drift to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I open my eyes to be laying on the couch, the last place I remember being. I look around to see Tommy asleep in my arms and Lucas putting his arm around the both of us, like he's protecting us. There's a huge blanket on top of all of us. Shawn must've covered us. "Lucas?" I ask. "Lucas?!" I whisper harshly. "Mm what?" Lucas asks half asleep. "Good morning to you too. Look at Tommy." I say smiling at the little boy asleep in my arms. He slowly opens his left eye and looks at Tommy. He smiles and opens both eyes. "Can we keep him?" He asks me like Tommy is a puppy that Lucas found from the streets. "Lucas I don't know. I would love to adopt him but I don't know." I say. "Maya you're 19 years old almost 20. I'll turn 21 in November. We could raise him and we'd be just like a little family." Lucas says. "But we can't commit to this yet. We're not like a married couple or anything. If we break u-" "Shh." Lucas says and puts his finger on my lips.

"I don't want to think about that." Lucas says. "Okay." I sigh. "You don't have to. I don't want to think of that either I just want to adopt him. The reason I'm saying we can't is what if that happens. I know you don't want to think about it, I don't either." I say. "Ugh." He moans. "What is it?" I ask. He takes a deep breathe and starts to talk. "I told myself I wouldn't give this to you yet but I can't stop myself." He says. He pulls something out of his pocket. "Don't worry I'm not proposing or anything. This is a promise ring." He says and pulls out a ring. "So basically like proposing." I tease him.  "Call it whatever you want but to me it's a promise ring." He says and puts it on my finger. "Do you promise yourself to me? I mean if not you can take it off but-" he starts but I interrupt him. I peck his lips. "Lucas, there's something I need to tell you." I start. "Before you give me this ring, I did something, well it wasn't really my fault. But I don't want you to do this until you know what happened, I don't know if you'll want this anymore after I tell you." I say.

He looks at me scared and stands up. I stand up to. "Maya, what is it." He asks with hurt eyes. "Lucas, I'm really sorry and it wasn't my fault and it'll never happen again." I explain. "Maya, what is it." He snaps. "Josh and I kissed!" I blurted out. "You kissed Josh?" Lucas asks hurt. "Yes, well no. He kissed me then I yelled at him and Tommy and I left. Please I never meant-" "You're cheating on me?" Lucas asks. "No, Huckleberry listen-" "Don't Huckleberry me right now! Why would you do this?!" Lucas asks. Shawn walks into the living room and watches the scene from behind Lucas looking at me so only I can see him. "Why would you ever do this?! I thought we were both so happy together! Josh just had to ruin it didn't he!" Lucas shouts. I glance over to see Tommy waking up on the couch. "Lucas you're waking Tommy." I harshly whisper. "Maya I don't care right now! He's just some kid you picked up from the street!" Lucas shouts and everyone goes silent.

My eyes start to water and Shawn quietly picks up Tommy and leaves without Lucas hearing them. "Maya, I'm sorry I-" "DON'T YOU EVER GET TOMMY INVOLVED! I SAVED HIM! I DON'T KNOW HIM WELL BUT I ALREADY LOVE HIM! HE'S LIKE A SON TO ME! I THOUGHT MAYBE IF YOU'D STICK AROUND AND BE THE GOOD BOYFRIEND YOU WERE BEING MAYBE WE'D LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER AND HE'D BE YOUR SON TOO!" I scream. "Maya I didn't mean-" "GET OUT OF OUR HOME! WE'RE THROUGH!" I shout. "You're breaking up with me?" Lucas asks hurt. I start to cry and I turn around so he can't see my face. "Yes, now please....leave." I say pointing to the door. "Fine." He says and with that he leaves.

I put my hands to my face and start to cry. I drop to the floor and just sob. Shawn comes in a couple seconds later. He hugs me and comforts me. "Are you okay?" He asks. I take a minute to answer. My mind is just mush. I just told the love of my life I'm through with him. "No." I reply sobbing into his chest.

A/N
YAY YOU GUYS FINALLY EARNED IT!! WHOOHOO!! The best part is I will post the next chapter tomorrow too since tomorrow is the normal day to post! You guys earned it! Good job! Let's see if we can get 3 votes on this one then I'll post the next one early! Anyway hope you liked this chapter! Thanks readers!