Chapter 24

Lucas POV

"Zay Babineaux. It's been a while." I greet and hug him. "Yeah it has man, so what's going on?" He asks and we sit down. "Wait, first tell me why we're meeting here." I say. He puts his elbows on the table and puts his hands into his chin and smiles like he's staring at an angel. I look behind me and look around but he's looking at me. "What?" I ask. "The reason I brung you here is because this is the place where Maya told us of how she loved you. This is the place where Maya drew that amazing masterpiece." He goes on. "Masterpiece?" I ask. "Yes, you know the one you found with you and her. You were like the cowboy and she had the face paint on." He says. "Oh..." I trail off. "This is where Lucaya happened, look!" He says and grabs me and drags me to this window. Like a bay window almost, the seat and pillows and everything.

At this very spot, Maya Hart drew that." He says and we sit down. I look at Zay and he smiles. I start to think about Maya and how perfect she was. How great of a girlfriend she was. How sweet, and smart, and funny, and absolutely beautiful she is. I miss her. I start to silently sob. Zay looks at me really weird and puts his hand on my back. "What happened?" He asks. "Maya....Maya and I.....we broke up." I sob. "WHAT?! Lucaya....Lucaya is gone?" He asks with a hurt face. I nod. "Oh my god, Lucas I'm so sorry. How, how'd it end?" He asks. Well I went to her house and spent the night-" "oooooo you spent the night." Zay says giving me a smirk and raising his eyebrows. "No, I fell asleep at her place. More like that. Anyway, she saved this little boy, Tommy and he's sort of like her son already. Well I realized how much I loved her and I wanted to make her mine, I was sick of calling her my girlfriend. I wanted to be something more." I start.

"DUDE YOU PROPOSED?!!" He shouts. The librarian shushed him and he gets scared. He sits back down and whispers. "And she said no?" He asks. "No Zay, I didn't even propose. I asked her to promise herself to me." I say. "They're basically the same thing." Zay argues. "Whatever, anyway she told me that she'd love to say yes but before I did I had to live with her secret." I explain. "What secret?!" "IM GETTING THERE!" I shout, I got sick of him interrupting. The librarian shushes me and I whisper again. "She kissed Josh." I flat out say.

He gets this panicked look on his face. "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!" He shouts. "SHHH! One more shout and you boys are kicked out for good!" The librarian shouts. "Sorry." We whisper and I get back on with the story. "Well, he kissed her. She freaked out at him and left his place." I explain. "Oh so it was all him." Zay says. "No it was her....yeah I guess it was his fault..she wasn't cheating on me! He likes her so he made a move and tried to make her his but she stayed a loyal girlfriend and got mad at her really good friend." I explain. "Yeah...that's what a girlfriend should do." Zay says. "No! I didn't finish. After she told me I was devastated. I dissed on her and Tommy and she got pissed and broke it off. She told me to leave and that's where it ended." "Dude!" Zay whispers harshly. "You are such a bad boyfriend! You need to go apologize! Go buy her a nice ring and some chocolates and flowers and say sorry! Go get your future wife back!" Zay shouts.

"No!" I shout. "Wha-" "THATS IT BOTH OF YOU OUT! NOW!" The librarian shouts and points to the door. We both leave. "Why don't you want to get her back?" Zay asks. "I said no to you shouting I knew she was going to kick us out." I explain. "Oh." He says. "I'm going to go get her back! I shout. "Yay! Go get her back!" He cheers. I need advice from Riley on what ring Maya wants and her other favorites and how to say sorry. I walk out of the library and head over to Rileys place. I knock on her door and about 10 seconds later Topanga answers it. "Hey Lucas!" She greets. "Hey Mrs. Matthews. Is Riley around?" I ask politely. "No, I'm sorry. She's and Maya went to Farkles apartment to hang out. You can join them if you'd like!" She suggests. "Um, okay. Thank you!" I say.

She's probably at Farkles, I don't want to disturb anything but this is a big deal. I head over to Farkles apartment and gather my thoughts. What am I going to say? Let's say plan A and I ask her to help me it would go three ways. A to plan A she will gladly help me, B to plan A she full on rejects it, or C to plan A she does something other than A and B now I just need to think what I'll do and say for B and C if she reacts that way. So basically if she says no then-BUZZ!!! My phone vibrates in my pocket. I pick it up and look at the person calling or texting and it's Farkle.

"Hello?" "Lucas you need to get here quick." "Why? What's going on? Who? Where?" "It explains itself once you see, just get here and this situation explains itself, and Maya's apartment." Farkle replies. "Farkle you know I can't come to Maya's she'll kill me or something and we'll have no chance at getting back together." "Lucas, you and Maya will have to deal with this later but really this is serious get over here now!" He says and with that hangs up.

I turn back around and go back to Rileys apartment. Once I reach the door I knock. Topanga answers immediately. "Hey, nice to see you again!" She kindly greets. "Yeah you too, listen I'm sorry if any of this comes out rude but I'm in a hurry can I please use the fire escape?" I ask as kind and quick as I can. "Sure, uh why?" "I'll explain later Topanga I'm so sorry it's an emergency." I say and let myself in and run up to Rileys bedroom. I open the window and climb up. Once I reach Maya's window I slide it open and am horrified with the scene I see next.

"What...happened.....here?"

A/N
Hey guys! I'm finally back I've been really busy lately and have had terrible writers block but I've got it back on track now! Hope you like this chapter! This book is sadly coming to an end it will probably end at chapter 30-35. If you guys like this and want a sequel then vote and comment and let me know maybe I'll start working on it. Thanks readers!