Chapter 13

Maya's POV

I'm so excited! Today's finally the day I break out of here! I've missed home, I've missed my friends, I've missed my family, and unfortunately...I've even missed school. Yes I know! That was a huge commitment for me to say soooo no one better know. "Alright Maya...you're officially released as a patient! Now you can follow me on Instagram!" My favorite nurse Amy whispers that last part. "Okay I will!" I whisper. "So what are you standing around here for? Go home honey get some freedom!" Amy says. "Well my boyfriend is picking me up and he must be a little late." I say. "Gotcha...so was Lucas the one that was over last night?" "Yeah the tall, handsome, bright blue eyes." I say smiling. I see a truck pull up to the curb. "That's him!" I cheer. "Goodbye Maya...I'll miss you!" Amy says with tears in her eyes. "I love you Amy!" I shout. She waves goodbye as I hop into the truck.

"Huckleberry!" I cheer. "Well beauty it's about time you come home." Lucas says leaning over and kissing me. How I can't wait for us being in the real world and not trapped in a hospital. "So where are we going?" I ask. "Good question! Here." He says and pulls over. He pulls a bandana out of the back seat and toes or around my head so I can't see where he's taking me. "Uh oh where are we going cowboy?" I ask as he puts it on. "You'll see." He says and I can feel the truck moving again.

After about 40 minutes of driving, he finally parks the truck. "We're here!" He says and grabs the key. I start to take off my bandana but before I could see anything Lucas shouts "No not yet!" I put it back on so I can't see a thing. He gets out while I'm stuck in here not able to see. He opens my door and carries me bridal style. "I'm scared!" I say laughing. "Don't be." He says closing the door. He carried me for a while until he finally puts me on something. I think it's a bench. "Okay you ready?" He asks. "Ready as I'll ever be!" I say happily. "One...two...three!" He cheers and as soon as he gets to three he rips of the bandanna.

I open my eyes and see green grass, and trees, and a hill, and a playground, and we are sitting on a bench. This is the park I always go to! This is the park where I go when I need to feel safe. This is the park where Lucas found the sketch I drew of him and I. I admire the nature and the kids laughing and playing happily on the playground. He puts his arm around me. "So..what do you think?" He asks. "I love it! I have to ask you something though." I say. "Anything." "When you found that sketch...what did you think?" I ask. "What did I think?" He asks and I nod. "Well...I was confused I thought that maybe you liked me but I wasn't sure so when I went to talk to you...everything happened." He said. "Oh."

For a while, Lucas and I just sit on the bench and enjoy our surroundings and the things around us. Lucas looks at his watch and we've been here for an hour and a half. It's funny how time works. "Well I think it's about time to get you home." Lucas says standing up and holding his hand out to help me up. "Aw okay." I say and he pulls me up. We walk back to the truck hand in hand and we go for a drive. He stares at his watch. "We're a little early wanna go get a drink?" He suggests. "We're early?" I ask confused. He pauses for a second. "Yeah I was just wondering you know just you haven't seen the outside world for a couple weeks wanna go get a slurpee or something?" He asks. "Haha sure." I say. He suggested a slurpee because I've always loved getting slurpees and it was our thing just the two of us. I'm surprised Riley never thought he was cheating or anything, but we never did anything that crossed the line of the friend zone then.

We pull up to 711 and we go inside. We run up to the machine, get the cups and pour in our flavors. We get the usual, which for me is Pina Colada and Blueberry mix. For him it's Cherry and Cococola. We pay at the check out and walk out smiling and giggling. "I missed this." I say with a huge smile. "Me too." He says checking his watch. "Right on time." He says. "What?" "Well just now we can go home." "Why do we have to be home at a certain time?" "Just because...." Lucas trails off. I giggle and just look straight forward.

We pull up to my apartment buildings and I say bye and close the door. "Why'd you say bye?" He asks hopping out of the truck with me. "You don't have to walk me to my actual apartment room." I say. "Well...actually I was wondering if you wanted to hang out for a while." He says. "Sure." And we walk into the building. We take the apartment to the third floor and walk down the halls until we reach my door. I open the door with my key and we walk in. It's quiet and dark, moms not home as usual. "So what do you want to do?" I ask. "Wanna go to Rileys?" He asks. "So you're not over her?" I ask sassy. "No I am way over her just wondering because Farkle is probably over so the group can hang out again." He says. "Okay." I say and we climb down the fire escape to her bedroom window." Before we climb in, I look through and it's dark and no one is in there. "Let's try the living room window." He says and we walk to the next fire escape. "It's dark in here too." I say peaking through. "Ummm should we just go through?" He asks. "I guess just try it." He says again. I nod and we slide the window open. It's unlocked. We hop through the window and into the living room.

"SURPRISE!" Voices fill the air. I look around and my friends and family fill the room and lights come on. I have a surprised look on my face as everyone smiles at me. "Welcome home!" Riley says and hugs me. "Thank you. Did you do all of this?" I ask. "Yep!" She replies. "Thank you!" I say again and hug her. Mr. Matthews turns up the music and everyone starts dancing and the party starts. I eat some really delicious cupcakes that Topanga and my mom made. I come over to my mom who I'm a little upset at. She never came to visit me in the hospital. No Maya, not right now, your friends and family made this party for you, now enjoy it and don't ruin it for everyone. I think to myself. I put a smile on my face and start to dance.

A/N
Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter! Hopefully it didn't like bore you to sleep haha. Also should I start question of the day? Let me know in the comments below. Also I will be giving a shoutout in the next chapter but to be eligible for a shoutout you have to go follow my friend XoCoconutKissesXo that is literally all you have to do. She has an amazing cover shop that I use all the time for my books so check that out. Well hope you enjoy the chapter. Thanks readers!