Chapter 16

PLEASE READ A/N AT THE BOTTOM SUPER IMPORTANT!
Maya's POV

Well today is Rileys surprise birthday party and it's three days before her actual birthday so the plan is Farkle is going to say he needs advice and ask Riley to come over and talk at his place. She shows up and we have so many people coming it's going to be great! I just can't wait to see the look on my best friends face when she gets surprised. She's always happy but it'll be great so see a bigger smile. Then again this party isn't til 5 and it's 11 so maybe I'll take her out for a smoothie or something. Might as well text her.

M: Hey Riles, wanna go get a smoothie or something?
R: Sure but I'm broke. 😂
M: It's on me.
R: Maya, you don't have to do that.
M: You've bought me dinner the last 7 times we've gone out, I'm sure I can pay for a smoothie.
R: Alright fine, meet you at Groovies in like 20?
M: Sounds good!

I just feel kind of bad, I feel like I've been spending a lot of time with Lucas. That's probably why she's been not as happy lately is because she probably feels neglected. Riley is my best friend and she needs to be my priority and of course Lucas is up there too but girls before guys. I still love Lucas don't get me wrong, it's not that I love one more than another but it's a different kind of love. I start to get dressed and get ready. I do my makeup, get dressed, brush my teeth, then head out.

I walk into Groovies and see Riley sitting down at one of the tables. "Hey Riles!" "Maya!" We scream and hug each other. "I've missed you! Even though it really has only been like a day or two but still!" I say sitting down. "Definitely! I miss spending every day with you." She says with a frown. "Me too. Listen I think we need to talk." I start. "Uh oh this does not sound good." "Huh?" "Every time someone starts the sentence with 'Look we need to talk' never ends well." She explains. "No, no, no this isn't bad I promise I just need to talk to you about some things that's all." I explain. "Phew, okay." She says and smiles.

"I just wanted to apologize for everything lately." "Apologize? For what?" She asks. "I feel like I've been spending too much time with Lucas and I need to spend time with you. You're my best friend, you're my number one priority, and I feel terrible like you've been feeling neglected or something." I say with a frown. "I'll be honest, I kind of have been feeling neglected but I wasn't mad or anything. I'm just glad we're having this talk and everything. It makes me feel better that you care." She says and puts her hands on mine.

"It's because we're best friends, we know each other too well. We always see when something is wrong. But enough with the sadness let's go get the smoothies!" I say and she follows me to the counter with a smile. We order and sit back down. "Thanks." "No problem. And from now on I promise I will hang out with you more. Of course I'm gong to be spending some time with Lucas and you'll spend time with Farkle but the two of us will be together more." I say. "Thank you. You're the bestest friend I could've ever asked for." "And you're mine." "No Maya, I really mean it. I'm so grateful for you, you mean the world to me." "You mean the world to me." I reply. We finish our smoothies. I tell Riley some lame excuse that I can't hang out anymore because I need to head to Farkle's to start decorating and setting up. We hug each other goodbye and I head over.

I knock and Farkle answers immediately. "Welcome to Farkle's place!" He greets motioning his arms towards the place. "Cool." I say and invite myself in. "Hey babe." Lucas says coming from another room. "Hey." I reply and kiss him. The three of us head to the "cave" as Farkle calls it. It's really just like a get together hang out kind of room, still pretty cool. The theme is neon so we crack and shake and throw glow sticks all over the floor so the floor is covered with glow sticks. We put glow sticks inside balloons and stick them all over the ceiling and even ceiling fans. We put up signs and bring in tables full of junk food. We rearrange the couches to the corners of the room so there's enough room to dance in the middle. Lucas and Farkle shove a bunch of tables and chairs to one side of the room for people to eat. We bring in the huge speakers and test the music. Lucas looks up greatest party songs and we make an awesome playlist.

We're done with still two hours to spare. We told everyone to show up an hour early so we can hide and everything. For the next hour Lucas, Farkle, and I watch Making A Murderer. We get so lost into the show that people start showing up and we didn't even notice. I look down at my clothes. Black Addidas crop top, black Addidas joggers, and white Addidas shoes. My makeup is perfect and my hair has a nice cute wave to it so I guess I'm good for a party. We work on hiding spots and everyone grabs glow stick crowns, bracelets, and even necklaces to wear for when she gets here and everything is perfect.

Now it's go time.

A/N
Hey guys! Okay can we just acknowledge how cute this picture of Sab and Row are! Like babes! Hope you liked this chapter! I know sorry for holding the party until next chapter but the next one will be so great! Thank you guys so much for 800! You guys are so amazing it's like every other chapter I'm telling you guys thanks for 100+ views so you guys are so awesome! Also don't forget the deal we made about 5 votes to get the next chapter early! Last chapter got 4 votes so you guys were so close! What would help is also spreading the word like talk to your friends about voting if they're Lucaya fans and even just reading. Anyways, you guys are so close and I wish you luck! Thanks readers!