Chapter 9

Lucas P.O.V.

"How long will she be out?" I ask the doctor. Last night after Maya's dosage wore off they put her to sleep but the nurse said it shouldn't be that long. Every time I look at her through the window, it hurts inside. "About three days." He replies. "THREE DAYS?!" I scream. "Yes." "That's too long! Why does she need to be out that long?!" "Because we feel it should cause her a lot less stress and we need to work on her for a while. This is serious Mister Friar, this is no matter to freak out. Maya will be find I assure you, just please go home, go to sleep, go back to school and continue on with your normal every day life. We will call you if you anything serious happens, okay?" He says. "Okay, thank you sir." I say and nod. I leave the hospital and the nurse at the desk smiles a friendly smile as I leave.

By the time I get home it's 9 p.m. I open the door to my apartment and my mom is on the phone. She looks at me as I enter the room. "Listen, I'll call you back." She says and puts the phone down. "LUCAS!" She screams running toward me for a hug.  I can't tell if the scream is good or bad but if she's giving me a hug it should hopefully be a good thing. "Where have you been?!" She asks releasing me. "I've been at the hospital." "OH MY LUCAS! WHAT HAPPENED HOW COME I DIDN'T GET A PHONE CALL? I AM ON YOUR EMERGENCY CONTACT LIST!" She asks. "Mom calm down. I was visiting someone in GOT hospital nothing happened to me, I'm fine." I explain. "Who were you visiting?" "Maya." "Who's Maya? Is she your girlfriend? Lucas you're only sixteen years old! I don't think you're ready!" "Mom calm down! She isn't my girlfriend she's just a really good friend, and I'm old enough to have a girlfriend. I have one right now." "What's her name?" "Riley." "Hmmm cool." "What's that reaction for?" "Nothing. Can't wait to meet her but anyway..." mom trails off.

"Oh Lucas I'm just glad you're home safe." She says hugging me. "What happened to Maya?" She asks releasing me with her hands on my shoulders. "I'm not sure. I was talking to her at school yesterday and all of a sudden, she just passed out and I'm not sure why. The doc says it's a heart problem but they don't know specifically what it is but they're going to figure out." I say. "Where'd you spend the night?" "The hospital." "Well son, I'm proud of you. You're a true and loyal friend and I'm sure Maya really appreciates that." She says smiling at me and releasing her hands from my shoulders. "Thank you." I reply. She smiles and walks into the kitchen. "Have you had dinner?" "No." "You hungry?" "What kind of question is that?" I ask laughing. "Sorry. What do you feel like?" "Can you make me some of your famous Texas chili?" "Of course." "Thanks mom. You're the best." "I know." She replies with a smile.

I sit on the couch and ponder for a minute. I miss Maya and I hope she's okay. She's my best friend and I love her so much. I also think of moms reaction to me telling her about Riley. That was super weird she just learned about her just now and she doesn't know her or anything and she seems bored. "Mom why don't you like Riley?" I ask. "Honey I don't know her I'd just like to meet her." "Can she come over now?" I ask and there's a long pause. She looks around the room then back at me. "Well this place is a dump but if you don't mind then that's fine." She says. I smile at her. "Okay." I reply and pull out my phone.

L: Hey
R: Hey
L: You doing anything
R: Just watching a movie at home with Auggie why
L: Wanna come over
R: I'd love to
L: Okay my mom wants to meet you
R: Oh...
L: What
R: I didn't know I was going to be meeting your mom now what should I wear
L: She doesn't care Riley just wear whatever you're wearing and come hang out we can watch a movie
R: Sounds great see you in a second
L: Ok

I look around and the place doesn't look that bad. "Eh it's fine." I say out loud. "Here's your chili, honey." Mom says handing me a bowl of her beautiful masterpiece. "Thanks mom." I say with a smile. "Now be careful eating that will a girl coming over in a moment. We wouldn't want you to stink the place up for her." She says laughing. "Mom! You're embarrassing and she's not even here!" I say laughing. "I'm just kidding. I can't wait til she's here I want to meet her!" She says and just as she finishes there's a knock on the door. "That's her!" I say and run to the door. I open it expecting to be my beautiful girlfriend but instead it's Farkle. "Hey." He says and walks right in. "Yeah come on in Farkle." I say laughing and closing the door. I turn around and he's already made himself at home and laying on the couch. "Mom this is Farkle. He's my best friend." I say with a small smile. I turn to the rocking chair and as soon as I sit down there's another knock. "That better be her." I say getting up with a sigh. I turn and look at mom who's fixing her hair like she's about to be on live television. "Mom, she's cool now chill." I open the door and Riley stands in the doorway.

"Hey." I greet smiling. "Hey!" She says enthusiastic. "Come on in." I say. She walks in and looks around. "Cool place." "Ha thanks." I say closing the door behind her. "Hello, I'm Allison Friar. It's so nice to meet you!" Mom says walking to Riley holding her hand out for her to shake her hand. "Hi, I'm Riley!" Riley says shaking her hand. "Please sit darling, make yourself at home." Mom says with a friendly smile. "Um okay." Riley says and sits down on the couch next to Farkle. I look at Farkle and he's eating my chili. "FARKLE!" I yell. "What?" He asks looking at MY with chili on his face. "That was mine!" "Well whoever's  it is, it's delicious!" He says with a smile. "You owe me!" I yell and sit next to Riley. She and my mom laugh. "So tell me about yourself you two." Mom says pointing to Riley and Farkle. The next hour they tell us about themselves and it turns out to be 10:30.

"Well I better head home, it's getting pretty late. Thanks for inviting me over." Riley says hugging me. "Same. My dad probably wants me home now." Farkle says. "It was so nice meeting you Allison!" Riley says hugging my mom. "Oh darling it was so nice meeting both of you! Come again!" Mom says waving goodbye as Riley and Farkle start to walk towards the door. "Here I'll walk you guys out." I say walking with them. We get into the hallway and Farkle hugs me and leaves. "Thanks for a great night." Riley says. "No prob-" I start but she interrupts me. She leans in and we kiss. The only thing I have to say is it was long. "Bye." She says smiling and walks away.

I walk and mom is gone. She must've went to bed. It is late so I decide to get in bed. Fifteen minutes later I'm laying in bed. I stare at the ceiling and something feels off. I think for a moment and I finally realize what it is. Riley isn't the right girl for me...Maya is.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I liked writing this one. Also I know Lucas' mom probably isn't named Allison but in the show it doesn't actually say her name sooo owe well. Also I would like to thank each and every one of you guys for 300 views! Thank you all so much you guys are the best love you all! Thanks readers!