Chapter 23

Lucas' POV

I cry into my hands. I made a big mistake. I shouldn't have overreacted like that. Although, I was very very hurt by what happened. I didn't think she'd ever cheat on me. We'd been going out for so long and we just trusted each other so much that I guess I never suspected it. Worst of all what happens to the gang? Are we over now that Maya and I had a fight? What about if Riley and Farkle were to break up. I mean I've dated Riley before and I have to admit it was pretty awkward being around my ex girlfriend again. Like we were supposed to forget everything about each other like our fights and flaws and just become best friends again? It was rough.

Even though Maya is the love of my life and I still want to get back together, maybe we all should've just stayed best friends. I mean, the bonding of best friends should be stronger than any other feelings we've had for each other. I'm not just going to let Maya go though, I can't let her go. I know who to go to. I pick up the phone and dial the number. It rings once and immediately someone picks up. "Hello?" The loud voice says. "Hey, I need to talk to you." "Okay." "So where should we meet?" "Well you asked to talk and we're talking right now so....." the voice trails off. "I'd just rather tell you in person, after all it might break your little girl heart." I say.

"I'm not a little girl, man!" "Okay whatever, please I just need to tell you." I beg starting to get emotional. "Are you crying?" "Yeah a little bit it was hard!" I say. "Fine, meet at....oh the library!" The voice suggests. "Common, brainiac the library?" I ask. "Fine, call me a nerd but- " "You're a nerd." "Lucas!" "Fine I'm sorry keep going, nerd." I reply. "As I was saying, I'll tell you why the library when you get there there." The voice says. "Okay, see you in a sec geek." I say. The other line hangs up without replying. I get dressed and comb my hair. Then I grab my jacket and head outside.

On my way to the library, I bump into someone. I mean literally bump into them. We both fall down and I stand up to see who it is. "Riley?" I ask. "Oh, hey Lucas!" She says quickly gathering her things back into her purse. "What are you coming from?" I ask helping her up. "Uhhhhhhhhhh...." she trails off. "Just uh. Getting groceries?" She says like she's guessing the answer to a question. "Okay." I reply chuckling a little. "Let me help you. I say kneeling down to help her father the rest of her groceries. "No don't! I mean, I've got it thanks." She says suspiciously. "So how are you and Farkle?" I ask standing up. "We're great!" She blurts out quickly. "Yeah, were pretty good. How bout you and Maya?" She asks.

Great. Maya must've not told her yet. I think it's Maya's place to tell her so I just sugar code it. "We're okay." I reply. "Oh good, well it was great to see you Lucas!" Riley spits out and practically runs away. "Wait Riley, can I come by later?" I shout. She turns around. "Uh. Maybe!" She replies then keeps running. I'll take that as a yes.

Farkles POV

"Well okay then." I say after Riley runs out the door. "Why is she acting so weird today? Eh I'll figure out later. She's gotta come back soon. I may as well just call Maya or something in the meantime. It's been a couple days since I've talked to her. Maybe catch up. I dial her number. Rings once, rings twice, rings three times, gets to voicemail. Ugh. "Hey it's Farkle, just wanted to catch up its been a couple days. So yeah, call me back. Bye." I say and hang up. I plop on the couch and take a deep sigh. Ring! It immediately rings.

"Hello?" I ask. "Hey." Maya replies unhappy. "What's wrong?" I ask. She starts to cry. "Maya, what's wrong?" "Lucas....Lucas and I broke up." She sobs. "Oh my gosh Maya that's awful! Do you need me to come over? Wanna talk about it? What happened?" I question. "Are you with Riley?" She asks. "No, but she'll be back soon." I reply. "Then you'd better not. I don't know how I'm going to tell her." She says. "Maya, she's your best friend. She'll understand. Although, she has been acting weird lately." I say. "Oh, okay." She replies. "So what happened?"

"Well, it's a long story." "I've got time." "Okay." "So it all started two days ago. Josh called me, he wanted me to come over because he needed advice and wanted someone to talk to. So on my way over there the weirdest thing happened. A van started to pull up next to me on the sidewalk. I just kept walking faster and faster, until I heard a scream. I turned around and a man wearing all black was carrying a little boy into his van. I ran up to the both of them, kicked the man where the sun don't shine, grabbed the kid and ran into a nearby store. I asked the kid if he was okay and he said yes and I asked for his name and why he was out there by himself his name is Tommy and he was running to the police station to get officers to see if his parents were okay after Tommy's parents were fighting and his mom killed his dad." "That's awful." I reply. "It was."

"So I went to Josh's place with the kid Josh got mad and thought it was Lucas and I's son. I explained the story to him he said he was proud of me and..." she trails off. "And...?" "And he made out with me." "WHAT?!" "It wasn't my fault! He kissed me! Then I just guess I got caught up in the moment that I forgot it was Josh and not Lucas." I yelled at Josh then Tommy and I left." She explains. Then she explained the police at Tommy's house and the crime scene with his dad being dead. She explained how last Lucas asked her to promise her to him and she told him, they got in a huge fight. Then they broke up.

Lucas POV

I walk in the library and see the person. "Well, hello Mr Friar."

A/N
Hello readers! I'm so sorry, this chapter was supposed to be posted yesterday but I had a ton of homework so I wasn't able to post but here it is! If you'd like the next chapter posted early then you just need 3 votes! That's all you need is 3 votes! Anyways hope you liked this chapter who could the mystery person be? Comment on who you think it is. The mystery person will be revealed next chapter so 3 votes and you'll find out early! Thanks readers!