Ch. 12 Mysteries

Ch. 12 Mysteries

You jolt awake by someone banging on your door.

"What!" you yell out, looking around startled.

"Oh right, I passed out." You say placing your hand on your forehead and again banging is heard on your door.

"Yeah yeah, I'm coming." You yell out as you go to the door and open it to find Mike.

"Good, you're up." He says looking at you.

"Now I am! What the hell Mike?" You say glaring at him.

"Jere, asked me to come see if you were ok. Also I don't want you to miss work. I don't want to have to pull your weight around." He says closing his eyes and huffing out.

"Right, work, damn. I'll have to thank Jerebear, and you.....Thanks." You say looking away from him.

"Whatever hillbilly." He says walking back to his apartment. You close your door and head to your bed room. You were thinking back to yesterday, trying to figure out when you passed out.

"When did I fall asleep..... Oh, shit." Your eyes widen.

"I fell asleep hugging up on Jere when he pulled me away from Vincent. Aaahhh....and I was flirting with Vincent too." You yell out pulling at your hair.

"Damn it... I hope Jeremy don't think less of me. How could I have let myself go like that? I'll apologize to Jeremy later." You say getting yourself ready for work. You get your things together and head to your car when you see Mike getting into his and drive off. You basically follow him to work as much as you hate it. You find a parking spot and get out going to the door where you meet Mike again. You both just glare at each other as the both of you walk in at the same time and when you enter you see the boss man standing there.

"Great." Mike growled out.

"What?" you say looking over at him.

"Whenever boss is waiting here, he has something he wants done." Mike said blankly. Just then you feel a hand on your shoulder, you look back to see the boss standing there. He has a hand on Mike's shoulder as well and a grin on his face.

"Just the two people I wanted to see." He smiles while squeezing your shoulder.

"Is something wrong boss?" You ask a little worried you may have done something wrong.

"Oh no my dear. It's just I need you to work night shift tomorrow with Mike here." He said patting Mikes shoulder.

"What! What about Jeremy?" Mike yelled out.

"He asked for the night off. Fritz can't do it, it's a school night. I need Scott and Vincent here tomorrow to help with the upcoming party. So that leaves (y/n) here." He said to Mike nodding towards you.

"Oh I see. I can do it...uh what time do I need to get here?" You ask smiling at him.

"That's my good employee. Be here around 11:00 P.M. You too Mike, I need you to show her the ropes." Mike just grunts out looking away from you.

"Good now off to work with you guys." The Boss man says walking to his office and you watch him go before turning to see Mike stomp off.

"Well I didn't want to work with you either asshole." You think to yourself.

"Oh (y/n), Scott was looking for you." Boss man said peeking his head out of the door.

"Oh, ok do you know where he is at?" you ask.

"He is somewhere, not really sure where. When you do find him tell him I'm leaving for today. He knows what to do." He says and goes back into his office. You just sigh out and go to clock in before going off to find Scott.