★ Chapter Four ★

Alexis's POV

I was sad to see the British boy go but whatever he needed to do seemed urgent. He was out of the shop within seconds of saying goodbye. I looked for any sign he may've left. A cell number, Address, nothing. He seemed like the boy who would leave me some kind of trace but oh well. I left the shop alone but in a much happier mood.

I walked home with a smile and the breeze in my hair. I felt confident and nervous.. I don't know why the nervousness but whatever.

I walked to my apartment, shared with my parents, and unlocked the door. "Anyone home?" I called. Silence. Just as I suspected. I dropped my purse onto the couch and fell down with it. I could use a nap right now...

I woke up an hour or so later feeling refreshed. I walked into my room and pulled my iPod out of my bedside drawer. I put the headphones in and relaxed to the music. I thought I heard a knock at the door but I just ignored it. My mom walked into my room a few minutes later.

"Hey pumpkin!" She said cheerfully.  "Hey mom." I said grinning. I turned off my music and got up to hug her. "You seem awfullyyyy happy." She said cocking a brow. "Who's the boy??" She asked winking. "What boy?! It's not a boy!!" I argued my face reddening. "Whatever you say Lex." She said giggling and leaving my room. Ew. Lex. I hate that nickname.

   The Next Day :

Why does it have to be so cold all of a sudden? I groaned to myself. I looked around at the empty streets.  Downtown was actually pretty calm today. I pulled my small Jean jacket together over my thin black tank top. My thin leggings and combat boots weren't helping too much either... I walked rather slowly. Once again, aimlessly.  I never really had anywhere to go but roaming always seemed intriguing.  I usually end up places I wouldn't expect.

I wasn't paying much attention when I heard someone behind me call out my name. I spun around on my heel and came face to face with someone familiar. "Hey." I said smiling.