★ Chapter Forty ★

Alexis' POV*

I ran for hours.  My ankles were killing me. Most people probably would've flown but I was scared I'd pass them up if I was flying. I walked on exhausted emotionally and physically. I dragged my feet along the sand and fell out of my tiredness.  I curled up in a ball and cried. I was freezing and I wanted Robbie's arm around me, keeping me safe and warm. I heard scuffling in the sand near my head and I jolted up. A man in a black leather coat that went down to his knees, and black leather boots stood there. He had a short beard and a handsome look to him. He looked strikingly similar to Colin..

"So I've heard you've been looking for me?" He asked in a deep husky voice that would make most girls fall in love in a heartbeat. But his voice held hatred and anger behind it.  Something I picked up that sent shivers down my spine. I nodded.

"Yessir." I said quickly.  He chuckled.

"No need to call me sir. Call me Captain Hook. You can call me Captain if you'd like. Do what you want. Anyway, you'll be on my boat for the next week or so, so you might wanna figure out what to call me." He said without pause. He had the same emotionless stare as Robbie but it didn't give me the pain and loneliness Robbie's stare did. I followed the man back to his ship. It was filled with men who were heavily intoxicated and disgusting. They were filthy animals.  As I walked on to the ship I saw their eyes rake my body as if I was a piece of meat. I felt awkward at their reactions to a female on the boat.

"On the way to where you were before, you're clothes will change into the modern clothes of where you're from. Your appearance may chance slightly but not a lot." Hook explained. I nodded and followed him to where I'd be staying the next agonizing week. It was a small dark room lit only by a few holes that opened up to the deck, which didn't help during the night. Hook got me a lamp to hand in the room to light it a bit more. With the light,  I could see more of the room. A small bunk bed was against the wall. I prayed I wouldn't have to share it with anyone. There was also a desk covered with maps. I noticed the maps were enchanted and would show exactly where we were. 

"I better get up to steer the ship. Were about to fly." He said in amazement, although I'm sure he'd done it many times before.

"Thanks Hook, er, Captain." I mumbled. I hoped he wouldn't get mad..

"Hook. I like that." He noted aloud. He left the room with the clinking off the buckles on his boots and shut the wooden door, leaving me to myself for the first time in ages. To be honest, it actually felt great. I sat down on the tough mattress and groaned. Oh well, it was the first bed I'd had in a while. I pulled the old tattered blanket up to my chin keeping me nice and warm. I felt the ship jerk as we lifted into the air. It made your heart beat faster and your mind race. Although the situation wasn't perfect, I felt a small smile creep onto my face.

Robbie's POV*

Alexis told me she was leaving and my heart sank. I needed Alexis to leave. I couldn't cry in front of her. I couldn't cry in front of anyone.

"Why?" I asked holding no emotion in my voice although the threat of tears was in my eyes.

"B-Because. I have to l-leave." She stuttered out terrified.

"Why?" I asked a second time angrily.

"Robbie, even Wendy leaves Peter Pan." She choked. "I need to go home."

"Then go. But know this, you can't ever come back." I warned her. I was upset and I felt anger building up.

"I-I know." She said clearly upset.  "Robbie, promise you'll never forget me? Please?" She pleaded.

"I promise." I barked sternly. "Now get out of here. I don't want to see you cry." I turned away so she wouldn't see the tears threatening to leave my eyes. I listened to her running away before looking up to watch her disappear through the trees. I knew I'd probably never see her again. I angrily punched a rock beside me and held my hand in pain. I think I broke it. My knuckles were purple and bloody but I honestly didn't care. I punched the rock repeatedly and tears fell down my face from the pain in my heart and the pain in my hand. I fell to the ground angrily staring up at the sky. I yelled so loudly that it could've awakened the trees. I laid back with my head against the same rock I'd just punched. I clutched my broken hand in my other hand. I thought sweet thoughts and felt the pain in my hand soothe as it was returned to its normal state. I heard the boys yelling at eachother as they came running up.

"I heard Robbie! I think he's hurt!" One of the boys yelled. I wiped my eyes and stood with my back turned away.

"Robbie, are you alright?" Pumpkin asked tugging on my shoulder. I jerked away before turning to them.

"I'm fine." I said through gritted teeth.

"Robbie are you-" I cut him off.

"From now on you'll call me Peter. Peter Pan."

The Heart's Desires. {Robbie Kay}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें