★ Chapter Thirty-Nine ★

Robbie's POV*

I was inches away from the green shrubbery and I braced myself for the pain of death.  I felt the wind get knocked out of me and I fell with an 'oof' to the ground.

"Robbie are you crazy?!" A voice shrieked in pure fear. My vision was hazy and my head was reeling.  My eyes came into focus and I was starring up at Alexis.

"Yeah. I think I am." I said laughing although nothing was funny. My mind grew foggy and my vision faded. I felt my eyelids blink heavily.

"Robbie! Robbie!" Alexis' muffled cries rang through my ears as she shook me harshly. "Help!!" She cried out. No one was there to hear her. The last thing I saw before I blacked was the face of an angel. And that angel happened to be Alexis.

Alexis' POV*

After I told Robbie what the pixies had told me he went crazy. He was out of it, as if he was in a trance. He was looking far off in fear. 

"Robbie everything will be okay. I promise. I love you." I told him trying to calm him down but it was no use. He stood tense and concentrated on something. He said something but it was gibberish and I didn't hear him. Next thing I knew he had his hands wrapped around my small wrists and he had me pressed up against a tree.

"R-Robbie." I croaked trying to break free of his grip. But he was far stronger than me. I felt his nails dig into my wrists and I winced in pain. "Robbie stop. That hurts. Stop!" I cried out. Then as if a light switch turned on his expression went back to normal. It immediately turned into a look of fear and remorse.

He stepped away from me and before I could talk to him, he'd flown away. I just needed to talk to him. I needed to tell him everything was okay. I reached out towards the sky as if I could catch him but I figured he'd want to be alone. I bent my wrist slightly and winced.  My wrist was gushing with blood. It burned horribly and I ran to find the lost boys. I found all of them laying/sitting along the edge of the pond. I ran to the cold water and dipped my wrist in the cool bliss.

"What happened Alexis?!" One of the boys asked. Man I gotta learn their names.

"Oh just- burned myself." I lied. They nodded.

"The water should heal it. It's magical." Pumpkin told me. I should've known. "Where's Robbie?" He asked quietly.

"Uhm. He flew somewhere. I'm going to go find him real quick.  Alright?" I said to pumpkin. He smiled and nodded before heading back to his fishing pole. I shot into the air quickly and glanced around for any sign of Robbie.  I felt an awful feeling something bad was going to happen. Out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of his dark shadow. I followed far behind it. I wasn't fast enough to catch up to it, but fast enough to see where it's going.  After what felt like flying forever, the shadow turned direction and in the distance I saw Robbie. He was sitting in the air all alone.  The shadow sat beside me and it was the weirdest phenomenon.  He was staring at the shadow and then he just fell. It was as if he was poisoned.

"Robbie!" I shrieked. His shadow tried to grab him but a shadow's a shadow. I dove into the air towards Robbie. I managed to catch him just as he was about to fall into a tree. I flew down to the ground because he was too heavy for me to hold.

"Robbie are you crazy?!" I asked terrified. I felt his forehead and it felt a normal temperature.  He had a strange look in his eye though.

"Yeah. I think I am." He stated before falling into a laughing fit. Nothing was very funny though.. His eyelids began closing slowly and his eyes started to roll back into his head.

"Robbie! Robbie!!" I shrieked shaking him roughly. A grim smirk fell onto his face as if he was relieved. "Help!!" I yelled for no one imparticular.  I knew no one could hear me but my effort was the same. Panic set in and I didn't know what to do. I could always fly to get help but I'd never find where I left him in this large jungle.  Beasts could get him. I wasn't taking any chances. I did my best to pick him up but I wasn't strong enough. I kissed him quick and easy trying to see if that worked. But of course, true loves kiss didn't work.. unless.. I wasn't his true love. I thought a minute feeling like I was going to cry even harder but then I shook back into reality. Think Alexis, Think.  What can you do to help him? I closed my eyes and thought. That's when I heard that weird voice in my head once again.

Alexis, get the hell out of there. Robbie's heart is turning cold. This is what happens. It's part of the process.  Run. Find Captain Hook. He'll bring you back to your world. Robbie's too dangerous. I can't even predict how he'll act. His dark magic is no match for mine. You can try to bring him back to where the lost boys are but be quick about ya. Hurry before it's too late!! She warned. I felt my throat burn and my eyes tear up. I loved him. I loved him so much. My heart ached to leave him but I knew there must be a reason I needed to leave. I struggled to pick up Robbie but I had just enough strength to fly him back to where the lost boys stayed. I laid him down staring at his exhausted face. He was gorgeous. I loved him so much. Hot tears poured down my cheeks making the situation even worse. I leaned down to kiss him one last time before I felt him kiss me back slightly. I gasped and pulled back. He stared into my eyes confused but then I guess realization kicked in because his confused facial features softened.

"Robbie, I-I'm leaving." I whispered terrified. I scanned his eyes for any signs of anger but the once sparkling green eyes held no emotion. His stern jaw held a wicked snear that made me fearful of him. I knew Robbie Kay was no monster by any means, but whoever this is, is not Robbie Kay.

"Why?" He asked flatly. No sadness, no anger, no, anything.

"B-Because. I have to l-leave." I stuttered out. I was so scared I was shaking.

"Why?" He asked a second time angrily.

"Robbie, even Wendy leaves Peter Pan." I choked. "I need to go home."

"Then go. But know this, you can't ever come back." He warned his eyebrows knitting together. 

"I-I know." I said starting to cry. I'd never see Robbie again. "Robbie, promise you'll never forget me? Please?" I pleaded. His eyes flashed with sympathy but only for a moment.

"I promise." He said sternly. "Now get out of here. I don't want to see you cry." He said turning the opposite way. His expression seemed hurt but I didn't stick around long enough to see what his true feelings were. I took off running towards the shoreline of Neverland, in hopes of finding Captain Hook.