★ Chapter Thirty-Two ★

Alexis' POV*

I woke up gasping for air. My chest was full of pain but I was alive. I say up and looked around but the pain was unbearable.  I fell back onto my back trying to calm down my breathing a little bit. I looked around and started to recognize where I was. Robbie had taken me to this place in the middle of the night so I hadn't seen much of it. Sunlight shone through the top of the structure and onto my body, warming me up some. Although I was for the most part comfortable, I felt awfully thirsty. My throat was dry and burned. I wanted to get up and get water but it hurt too bad to move. I groaned and I heard shuffling behind me.

"You okay baby?" I heard Robbie's groggy voice ask. His accent mixed with a morning voice was the most attractive thing in the world. He sounded super sexy.

"I'm really thirsty." I grumbled. I didn't want to sound whiny in front of him but I couldn't help it. Whenever I don't feel good I act like a toddler.

"Let's go get you some water." Robbie picked me up in his arms bridal style and flew us back to the edge of the waterfall. I bent down and drank a few gulps of water before sitting back up, relieved. I looked around and the area felt different.  What once was beautiful was now horrible and frightening. There was blood in the area I was laying and- a body?

"R-Robbie. Is that Jeremy's body?" I asked anxiously. He cleared his throat and made a mhm sound. "You killed him?" I asked in fear. I know Robbie would never land a finger on me, but I'm sure at one point Jeremy thought that too.. Robbie sighed and sat down beside me.

"Don't say it like that. That sounds awful." Robbie sighed. He bit his bottom lip in concentration.  "He- That bastard killed you, Alexis. Do you understand that? You would be dead right now. I don't know why your alive but- but I'm glad you are." Robbie stuttered out on the verge of tears. I put my arm around him and he put his head on my shoulder.

"Well I'm glad I'm alive too. I don't know what heaven'd be like without you beside me." I joked getting a small laugh out of Robbie.

"Seriously thought Alexis. I can't live without you." Robbie whispered quietly. I felt my stomach erupt in butterflies at his sweet comments.

"Don't worry Robbie.  I can't go anywhere without you. I promise I won't either." I whispered into his messy hair and kissed his temple. He looked up at me and cupped my face with one hand and pulled me towards his face. Our lips met in a sweet and simple kiss.

"I'll never leave your side Alexis Raye. I promise." He said pressing our noses together. I don't know how long the two of us just sat there taking in eachother's presence. "Let's go back to Hangman's Tree." He said picking me up bridal style once again. He flew us over the trees and into the hollow tree.

"Robbie, will you please show me the rest of the island?" I pleaded. I didn't know anywhere on the island besides the waterfall area. I didn't want to get lost.

"Yeah I will. But not today. You need to rest. I'm gonna go get something for us to eat. Sleep." Robbie said kissing my forehead. I decided to take his advice and I laid down.  I closed my eyes and listened for the sound of him flying away. I just wanted to be back at home. I wanted to lay in bed with Robbie covered in blankets with his arm draped around my waist and him whispering sweet nothings in my ear. I- I just miss it.

|| Happy New Year Guise!! Fyi I made a new cover for the story(: