★ Chapter Twenty-Seven ★

Alexis' POV*

I woke up thirsty with a dry throat and I groaned. I stood up rubbing my eyes and I remembered the waterfall was only a couple feet away from the tent. I walked over and drank the cool water in a pool at the bottom.  I drank more than a few gulps and washed my face. Damn that felt great.

"It's nice we can stay so close to fresh water." A voice behind me said. I jumped, startled by his prescense.

"Yeah. It's nice." I had to agree. "So how did you and Robbie meet?" I asked curiously. He chuckled.

"Funny story actually. He'd never met anyone on the island and figured it was just him and his family. He was hunting with a bow and I was sitting in a tree. He told me later that he thought I was a bird and started shootin' at me. I was startled awake and ended up falling from the tree. As he got closer he realized I wasn't a bird and felt awful. I told him not to sweat it and we'd been friends.  We stayed and hunted together until one day he figured out a way of the island. But he left me here.. alone." Germ said trailing of at the end. I could see the hurt in his eyes. I wanted to comfort him but he started laughing before I could say anything. 

"W-what's so funny?" I asked confused. He shook his head.

"Rob said he'd never love nobody but he must love you." Germ said chuckling. I blushed at his comment.

"Well, what makes you say that?" I asked. He just shook his head.

"Never mind that. The point is I'm glad it was someone as beautiful and special as you." He said his eyes met mine and I could tell he was dead serious. I laughed nervously and backed up a little.

"Uhm thanks Germ.. that- that's really sweet..." I stuttered. He stepped closer grabbing one of my hands.

"You know, I could always keep you company until Robbie comes.. if he does." He offered getting closer with each passing moment.

"No that's fine. Thanks tho-" He cut me off with a kiss. I was taken a back a sec before softly pushing him back. I flashed him a quick smile before biting my lip.  I needed to get away from him.

"Uh Germ? Would you mind getting us some food. I'm really hungry.." I said exaggerated.  (I really was hungry though) He nodded goofily.

"Anything for my princess." He said kissing my hand before going into the tent to get hunting supplies. I nervously started to plot my escape. I'd get out of here as soon as he left. He came out minutes later holding a bow and arrows. "Promise you'll be here when I get back?" He asked. I nodded. And he shot me a goofy smile dumbfounded. As soon ad he was out of sight I ran. I needed to get away from him. I decided to go the way I came because I knew all the traps that I'd pass.

I looked for familiarity and came across a few spots I recognized. I got to a certain point and I felt lost. I started walking backwards watching the waterfall to make sure it was always in site. I wasn't paying attention behind me when I tripped over something. I fell to the ground with a thud. I cursed under my breath before looking at what, or should I say, who I tripped over.

"Robbie?!" I asked surprised. He looked as if he was sleeping. He grumbled and rolled over. "Robbie wake up. It's Alexis!!" I pleaded excitedly. He sat up with only one eye open and when he recognized me he smiled excitedly.

"Is it really you??" I asked. There was no response but he pounced on top of me. I giggled at his urgency. "Just kiss me you dumb ass." I joked winking. His lips met mine roughly. I kissed back with as much power as he kissed me. I opened my mouth slightly and his tongue entered my mouth. His tongue explored my mouth and I ran my hands through his thick luscious hair. He held my face tightly between both hands squeezing my face gently. I pushed him to the ground, straddling his waist without breaking the kiss.