★ Chapter Seven ★

*Robbie's POV*

It was 5:57 and I impatiently waited for Alexis to get here. I felt sick to my stomach and nervous. I looked in the mirror at my jeans, black shirt, and black vans. I toussled my brown hair in the front and examined my light freckles in the mirror. I looked okay. I heard a loud knock at my trailer door. I sprayed on my cologne and ran to the door. "Hey Al-" I started to say but I was greeted by Mom and Camilla. "Oh. Hey guys. Where's Fiona?" I asked. "You seem thrilled." Camilla joked punching my arm. I laughed off the comment. "She's talking to a sweet girl named Freya. I've never met her." She said. "Oh yeah. Freya's a sweetheart.  She's An amazing actress. She plays Wendy." I explained. "Do you have plans tonight?" My mom asked looking me up and down. "Uh. Actually yeah. I do." I said scratching the back of my neck. That's when I heard a knock at the door. I ran over to the door and opened it. "Hey Alexis!" I said happily. She blushed and walked in. "Hey Rob- Oh hi!" She said greeting my mom and sister. "You look lovely!!" My mom gushed making me chuckle. And she DID. Her blonde hair swooped to the side in curls. Her sparkly, light blue, sweater looked beautiful on her. The sparkles had fallen onto her black leggings and she wore black combat boots. She looked like an angel. "Thanks ma'am. I assume you to are Robbie's sisters?" She asked. Oh gosh mom will love that. "I'm his sister, she's-" Camilla started but mom cut her off. "Oh thank you honey but, I'm his mother. I must not look my age." She said smiling brightly. "Oh. Sorry for the misunderstanding Mrs.Kay." Alexis said giggling. "My name's Alexis. I'm Robbie's friend. Nice to meet the two of you." She said. "I'm Camilla. His sister. Our sister Fiona's out there somewhere doing who knows what." She said rolling her eyes and laughing. I had to laugh too.

"Do you two already have plans? We'll hang out here until you get back?" My mom said. "That'd be perfect." I said grabbing my black jacket. "You two have fun!" Camilla said as we left the trailer. "Sorry about them." I said embarrassed. "No. Don't be. I really like them." She said grinning with that beautiful smile of hers. Her lips were pink as cotton candy and they curved perfectly. I wanted to kiss her so badly it was unbearable. I saw her lips move but not a sound came out. "Robbie.." Her voice echoed in my head. "What?" I asked dumbfounded. She giggled and blushed. I loved when she does that. "Where are we going tonight?" She asked shyly. "There's a 60's themed diner I passed a while ago and it looked so cool. Have you been there?" I asked. "No. I haven't." She said interested. I nervously brushed my hand beside hers to see if she's hold my hand and thankfully she did. I intertwined our fingers and they seemed to fit together perfectly. She gave my hand a light squeeze as we walked down the main road towards the diner. That's what I loved here. Everything was so small and close. Unlike the last place I was at. It as HUGE. As we reached the diner, I had to let go of her hand to hold the door. "What a gentleman!" She said curtseying. I beamed at her compliment.

"Table for two please." I told the waiter as he seated us. We sat at a Booth in the corner of the restaurant. It was empty and for the most part, quiet. (Excluding the sound of a sizzling grill and the clanking of dishes. "So how long have you lived here?" I asked trying to start conversation.  "Literally forever. Same house too." She said proudly. "And where have you lived?" She asked. "Well I've lived many, many, places. I travel a lot." I said. "I'd LOVE to travel.  I want to go all over the world." She replied gingerly with a twinkle in her eye. "Do it then. Once you get out of highschool. In a few years you could go where ever. You can do what ever. It's freedom." I told her imagining the possibilities. I'd traveled many places. More than she'd understand...

"Let's do it then." She said as if it was a challenge. "Let's.. as in... Let.. us?" I asked. "Yes I do Robbie. Promise me now you will. Promise me you'll show me the world Robbie Kay?" She asked filling my very stomach with butterflies. "I promise you." I said and I meant it. I don't make promises I can't keep. She smiled widely. We talked a while longer until or food came. We ate pretty quickly. "Do you wanna go get a coffee or something since this ended early?" I asked her clearing my throat. "I'd love to." She said standing from her seat and I followed. I paid and left a tip on the table. I put an arm around her waist and opened every door for her. I felt her shivering and I could hear her teeth chatter. "You alright?" I asked. She nodded. "Here." I mumbled taking off my jacket and putting it around her. I held her closely. "That's much better." She said her cheeks reddening like wild cherries. I chuckled as we walked into the coffee shop. She handed me back my jacket. We each ordered out coffee and sat down at the bar. We waited for our coffee quietly as it was late and we were both tired. A young boy about our age came out from the back. "Oh hi beautiful. I missed you." He said to Alexis handing her her coffee. I scowled. I know I wasn't dating Alexis or anything but he wasn't either. This was OUR date. "Hi Emmanuel." She said cheerfully. "Listen. If you're British friend doesn't mind here, would you like going out tommorow night with me?" He asked smoothly. I was bowling over with anger. I looked down at the floor. Why wouldn't she say yes.. he was a lot better looking than me. "Thanks Emmanuel, but my heart currently belongs to someone else. I'm sorry." She said grabbing my hand under the table.

"Oh, that's fine. Just let me know if you change your mind." He said clearly discouraged. Wait, does that mean she likes me?