Chapter 2 "Problems"

Apparently, I was insane. Completely and utterly. I would slap myself if I could right now.

I stared at the house through the large gates that looked more like a mansion than anything. It looked like house out of every Hollywood movie that featured a rich white family.

I pressed the buzzer and someone answered shortly after. "Larough Residence. State your business."

"Um, Ashley invited me over." I released the button and sometime later, Ashley's voice rang through.

"Destiny?! Oh, I thought you wouldn't show up. Come in!!!"

I swallowed thickly as the gates slowly opened and I drove through. I carefully parked behind the very expensive looking cars and got out.

Seeing the house at a closer angle made me more nervous then I would like to admit. Ashley ran out of the doors and grabbed me by the hand. "Come in. Don't just stand there. You're making the gardener nervous."

Just then, I noticed the gardener peeking over the scrubs with a slightly panicked look on his face. I could probably come up with three reasons as to why he was nervous. None of them were nice.

We walked inside and I gaped at the interior design. The ceiling looked to be miles high and there was a chandelier hanging neatly in the middle. There were antique vases and paintings everywhere.

I wonder if they have butlers...

A man walked by with a tray of food and greeted Ashley with a nod of his head.

They have butlers.

She led me up the spiral staircase and opened the door to what seemed to be her room. There were others girls in the room and I wanted to curl in on myself at the group of eyes trained on me.

"Hello, girls. Meet Destiny. We are going to teach her to have a good time, okay?"

They gave non-committal sounds as an answer and she waved me over to the circle. I sat down between one girl with her hair in two ponytails and Ashley.

Ashley elbowed another girl beside her. "Introduce yourselves."

The girl beside her with short hair sighed. "I'm Angel."

A girl who was in the middle of painting her nails went next. "Hayley."

"Julie." A girl with red lipstick and eye liner said.

"Charlie." A girl with two braids who sat beside me spoke next as she pursed her lips.

There was an awkward silence before Ashley spoke. "What were you talking about before we came in?"

"Oh! Charlie was talking about Drew and how cute he was." Julie teased.

"Drew?" I asked.

"You don't know who he is? Have you been living under a rock? Where did you pick this girl up from?" Charlie said with an edge of disgust.

My fingers twitched at the thought of wrapping them around her throat. "Charlie, that's not nice. Destiny just has...no outside interaction. That's why she doesn't know who he is."

Charlie suddenly looked like she understood and nodded. "Well, Drew is one of Justin's friends."

All the girls (except for Charlie and I) sighed dreamily at the mention of Justin's name. "Wait, you all like him?"

They all turned to me with a look that made me feel like I was missing something vital. "Well, duh."

"But how does that work?" I asked, confused.