Chapter 4 "The Party (Part 2)"

I was still nursing my beer fifteen minutes later and everyone left except for Zay and I. I moved myself onto the counter and took another sip.

"Hey," I jumped, nearly dropping my bottle and looked at him. He stared at the marble tiled floor before lifting his brown eyes to meet mine. I wouldn't be ashamed to say Zay was an attractive person. He was physically fit and had a rugged look people would instantly fall for. Not to mention, he had a pretty smile. Not like he was showing it to me at the moment.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Destiny." I said clearly.

He walked over and hopped up on the counter beside me. "Look, you're a pretty girl so I'm not going to hurt your feelings. I can't stand seeing girls like you cry," My mouth tilted up in a half smile at that. "But if you're just like those other girls who just a good one night stand with Justin and-"

"Woah, woah, woah, woah," I hastily cut him off. "Slow down there. I have no interest in him whatsoever. I didn't even want to come to this party. He just...wanted me to." I explained.

Zay relaxed and chuckled. "That's a new one. Haven't heard that line since Izzy came around. Justin's in a bad place right now and he doesn't need one more obsessed chick on his plate."

"Maybe he should put a paper bad over his head." I muttered.

He overhead and let out a burst of laughter. "Maybe he should. That'll be a sight to see."

We were quiet for a moment before Zay nodded over to the bottle in my hand. "Is this your first time drinking alcohol?"

I scoffed. "Am I that obvious?"

"First party, too, I'm guessing?" I raised an eyebrow at him, signaling for him to explain.

"If this wasn't your first drink, it would be gone by now. If this wasn't your first party and you didn't like alcohol, you wouldn't have even touched it nor would you still be in here. However, if you were a drinker, you would be on your third beer and trying to dance with the flamingo statues outside." He explained.

I smiled. "I'm guessing that has happened before?"

He looked around then leaned in close, his face completely serious. "Don't tell anybody but I was that person."

I pressed my lips together to hold back the laughter forming. I held my bottle up to my mouth to take another few sips but then he spoke again. "I was naked, too. Dick flapping in the wind and everything."

I did a spit take and sputtered on my laughter. I wiped my mouth as I tried to apologize which was hard to do with laughter pouring out of my mouth. "Don't worry about it. Somebody will clean it up."

Izzy and Drew came back into the kitchen and stared at us in confusion. Zay nodded at them with a smile. "Don't worry, she's all good company."

They relaxed and Izzy smiled. Drew walked up to me and extended his hand. "What's your name?"

I put my hand in his and shook it firmly like it was business deal. "Destiny."

"Such a pretty name for a pretty girl." He turned over my hand and kissed the back of it. I rolled my eyes and pulled my hand away.

"I like her." Izzy announced.

"She'll fall for my charm sooner or later." Drew said winking at me.

Izzy scoffed. "I hope you slip and fall, Drew."

Almost like clockwork, Drew stepped forward and his shoe squeaked loudly against the wet surface from where I did my spit take.

I watched in slow motion as Drew fell back onto his ass. All of us were dying of laughter as Drew groaned on the ground. "You're a witch...!"