Chapter 34 "Give"

"Well, look at what the cat dragged in." Cameron drawled as we entered the buildings doors.

I rolled my eyes and opened my arms so I could hug him. "Cut the dramatics, you jerk. We're here to relax."

He squeezed a bit and then let go, patting me on my back. He looked past me to where Justin and Merissa stood. "And you two must be the lucky people Destiny spends most of her time with."

I slapped him playfully on his arm. "Don't be a brat. The cute little girl is Merissa," Merissa was practically vibrating in excitement and she raced to place herself in front of Cameron with her arm extended.

"Nice to meet you!" She exclaimed. He shook her hand and smiled brightly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, young lady." She beamed and I noticed Justin walking over.

"And I'm sure you two have met briefly. Justin, Cameron. Cameron, Justin." I said as I gestured between them.

Cameron offered a small smirk to him. "Sup."

Justin narrowed his eyes at him and I sighed. "Justin, be nice."

He rolled his eyes and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Hi."

Cameron raised an eyebrow at me and I ignored the silent question in favor of grabbing Merissa's hand. "Do you mind informing us of what we're going to be doing today?"

"Gross," He scrunched his nose in disgust. "Why are you acting so formal? It's weird."

I groaned. "Cameron-"

"Fine, geez. We're going to be distributing clothes and food to kids in a local orphanage. The other volunteers are loading up on the bus in the back parking lot so we should get going."

He led us through a side door and we walked around back where we spotted a short bus waiting. Cameron let us go on first as he spoke. "It shouldn't take us long to get there so don't get too comfortable in there."

I let Justin and Merissa grab a seat before I turned back to Cameron at the top of the steps. He climbed up and met me halfway. "Thank you for this, Cam. Really. I appreciate it."

"No problem. You needed a break so I wanted to give it to you. Bonus is that we have a few extra hands to do some good." He smiled toothily and I couldn't resist smiling along.

"We should get going."

He agreed and I made my way to the seat that Justin and Merissa picked. Merissa grinned when she saw me coming her way. She said something to Justin and he perked his head up over the seat. We made eye contact when I was two seats away and he straightened up, scooting over so I could sit.

I collapsed in the space beside him and laid my head on his shoulder. "Thanks for saving a seat."

"As if I'd let you sit alone." He scoffed as the bus rumbled to life.

"I wouldn't be sitting alone. Cameron would take pity on me." I joked.

"I take it back. Go sit with him." He said as he slid away from me, making me lose my makeshift headrest on his shoulder.

Merissa and I whined and complained in unison as she didn't want me to move while I just wanted to annoy him. He pinched the bridge of his nose and leaned his head back against the seat. "Fine. Stay."

"Yes!" Merissa cheered and we gave each other a high five.

"I can't believe this." He mumbled to himself.

"I can." I said smugly. He pushed my face away from him but he couldn't hide the quirk of his lips.

-