Chapter 19 "Good Ol' Platonic Cuddling"

"Destiny?"

I was snapped out of my daze and my surroundings started to sink in. Everybody was staring at me and I began to shrink under their gaze.

"Sorry," I coughed out. "I'm fine."

Izzy began to protest and I sighed. "I'm fine."

A small hand grabbed mine and I made eye contact with Merissa. Her big, brown eyes conveyed every worry and fear that everyone else in the room was projecting. "Nap time!"

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Nap time?"

She nodded vigorously and tried to pull me to my feet. "Take a nap with me so we can talk later!"

I glanced at everybody else who was in the room and nodded. "That sounds good. Let's go."

She pulled me out of the room and down the hallway. She threw open her door and bounced excitedly on the balls of her feet. "This'll be so much fun! Just like a sleepover."

Her energy brought a smile to my lips as I pulled back the covers on her humongous bed. I still think that bed was too big for her. Growing into it or not. It must get lonely sometimes.

"I'm sorry that I've been such a bummer these past few days. I've got stuff going on at home, y'know?" I explained.

"I know. You're having grown up days." She said, climbing into bed.

"Grown up days?"

"It's when grown ups act really weird and need time alone." It was as if it was recited.

"Does Justin has his grown up days?" I climbed in after her and practically sank into the mattress and pillows.

Merissa curled up against my side and nodded. "Yeah, so, I try to make him feel better."

"That's nice of you." I smiled.

"My teacher says we should always be nice to others."

"Not too nice but, yes, being nice is good."

"Guess what? We decided to crash the party!" Zay shouted as he came in the room. The rest of the followed and I could stop an exasperated smile from appearing.

Merissa squealed as Chris jumped on the bed began to tickle her.

"Are we all going to take a nap?" I asked as they all climbed under the covers.

"It seemed like a good idea unless you aren't okay with it then-" Justin started.

"Shut up and get over here." I rolled my eyes and Justin took a spot on the other side of Merissa.

"We should make this into a tradition, to be honest. How cool would that be?" Drew commented from the other side of the bed.

"Are you serious? Do you ever shut up?" Izzy muttered from the other side of my body.

I snorted as Drew sat up to prepare himself to throw a pillow at her. Orlan snatched it out of his hands and tried to smother him with it.

"Wasn't this supposed to be nap time?" I questioned reasonably.

Zay easily ignored me and added his thoughts on Drew's previous comment. "I mean, sure. Ten years from today, you'll be telling your wife, "Oh yeah, I'm going to my friend's house for some good ol' platonic cuddling with the rest of my friends. Don't wait up.""

"When you put it like that..." Drew mumbled.

"You don't have to tell her." Chris wiggled his eyebrows.

"Ew, you're making it sound like a weird ass orgy affair." Izzy added distastefully.

I gasped scandalously and hissed as if I was scorned. "There is a child in the room."

"Sorry." They chorused.

I sighed heavily as Merissa giggled from between Justin and I. "This was supposed to be nap time. Go to sleep."

We managed to be quiet for more than ten seconds before they started up again.

"It's hot." Drew huffed as he kicked off of the covers.

Everyone simultaneously groaned and Chris yanked the covers back up. "Well, I'm cold."

"That's what you have a boyfriend for." Drew retorted, moving the covers off again.

Chris shifted. "Orlan?"

Orlan exhaled long and slow. "Drew, please pull the covers back up."

"Or?" Chris prompted and I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Or I will forcibly remove you from the room." Orlan muttered into the pillow.

"Good boy."

Izzy and Justin gagged. "Take your kinks somewhere else."

"There is a child," I made sure to add emphasis once again. "In the room."

"Sorry."

It was quiet for longer now. Almost a minute. "So, do you feel better now?"

My lips twitched in response. "A little. Thank you. All of you," I pressed a kiss to Merissa's forehead. "Especially you."

"That's what friends are for." Zay mumbled.

I met Justin's eyes across from me and I swallowed thickly. "Yeah."

-

We woke three hours later to Marie telling us that she brought dinner and it was down in the kitchen for us to eat. Her lips formed into a half smile as she left the room, leaving us in our makeshift dog pile.

Zay got up yawning and scratching at his belly. Izzy was next as she sat up in a daze, slowly coming to with a slow look around the room. Then it was Chris who rose next, climbing over Orlan. Orlan was obviously the next one as Chris blew in his ear causing him to yelp in surprise with an order to 'come eat'. Merissa wriggles out of my arms and followed them out of the room.

It was just Justin and I left. I kept my breathing steady as I studied Justin's facial features. From his skin tone, the contrast of his hair, the scar on his eyebrow, his eyelashes, his-

"Are you going to get up next?" He spoke slowly, deeply, raspy. Too much, too much.

My focus of the world came in like it did too many times this week. It was cold and unforgiving. I shuddered and curled in on myself. "In a minute."

"Alright," He shifted closer. And closer. Closer.

I nearly stopped breathing as he slid his arm around me, placing his chin on top of my head. "We don't have to move yet."

I felt myself tear up and I closed my eyes. I felt so warm, safe, loved. Maybe this was what gave me courage. "I think I may be able to do it if..."

I hesitated and he brushed a strand of curly hair behind my ear. "If what...?"

I opened my eyes and met his gaze with all the strength I could muster. "...if you hold my hand."

A few minutes later, I arrived in the kitchen hand in hand with Justin and began to tell my story.

-------------------------------

*Cackling as I give you this one good chapter before I give you ten chapters straight of pure angst*

I'm so sorry.

Anyway, don't worry you'll get back story. Trust me, you'll get back story. I think I'll do it flashback style.

This chapter was also a reminder for me and everyone else who may have forgot that Destiny and Justin are not the only characters, Justin is not Destiny's only friend, and Destiny needs love and affection, too.