Chapter 5 "The Party (Part 3)"

I glanced between the two parties for a few seconds before sighing and pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Zay, can I talk to you outside?"

He nodded stiffly and started to move towards the stairs. I followed him, not looking at the group of heated girls. Zay was walked down the stairs two at a time and I struggled to keep up.

We walked out on the same balcony I found Justin on and I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting patiently. Zay let out a breath, walking over to the railing and gripping it tightly. He turned his head to me and slowly straighted his back. "I hate girls like you."

Oh, wow. Here we go.

"Why is that?" I asked calmly.

"They're so manipulative and good for nothing. You lied to me and everyone else. I regret that I ever trusted you. Never let us see you again at another one of our parties. Stay out of our way at school. Don't ever look our way. Tell that to your friends, too."

Ouch.

I hummed and uncrossed my arms. "Are you done?"

Zay didn't answer and I figured it was okay to continue. "Let's get something straight. Number one, they aren't my friends. I don't have any. Number two, fuck you. Number three, before you make assumptions maybe you should get the whole story. I helped your sorry ass friend prevent himself from passing out on this very balcony," I walked to the sliding door and cut him a sharp look over my shoulder. "Since you hate girls like me, I'll gladly pretend that you all don't exist. Make sure to check on Justin because he didn't look too great the last time I saw him."

His eyes widened and he looked guilty. "Wait-"

But I was practically already running to the door. I want to go home. I want to go home. I want-

"Destiny!" Ashley's voice caused a prick of anger run through my body.

"What?" I spat.

We were in the front yard and they formed a semi circle that blocked the view to the house. Ashley looked hurt and angry, making me nearly laugh. "What the hell was that?! I thought we had a plan!"

"I wasn't part of your little plan. I never said I wanted to participate. It's not my fault you all suck at finding one person." I gritted out.

"You're supposed to be on my team." She said balling her hands into fists. I stood a quick glance at the other girls and they stood by her side like a protection squad.

I looked at the sky for a moment for a quick prayer. If I get jumped tonight, please let them look worse than I do.

"I was never on your team. You just assumed that." I finally answered.

Charlie laughed and stepped forward, laughing. "I never really liked you."

"Likewise." I said, tensing up for a fight. Deciding it was best to prepare, I kicked my shoes off and doubled my headband so my puffy hair was up in a ponytail.

"You think you the shit, aren't you?" Charlie spat, getting closer.

"I do." My fingernails were digging into my palms from anticipation.

She stopped when we were nose to nose and she grimaced. "You ain't shit and never going to be sh-"

My fist seemed to shut her up. Adrenalin was pumping through my veins as I jumped on her and swung. She grabbed my ponytail and tugged with all her strength. I hissed at the pain and clawed at her hand. I felt someone kick me in my ribs and I grunted at the pain.

I finally got Charlie to let go of my hair and rolled off of her to get a look at the bitch who thought kicking me was a good idea.

"There's a fight!" There was a yell from the house but I was focused on Julie.