Chapter 4: Flick, Flick Goes the New Kid

"ARE YOU FOR REAL?" Marissa screeched into my ear.

"Yes." I nodded, "A real spacecraft."

U-F-OMG! I told you they where real!" She jumped up and down as we walked toward the school.

"I know and now all I can do is believe you." I smiled.

"And Leo was there!" She wiggled her eyebrows at me, and I rolled my eyes.

   "Yeah, I know, he saved my life because I'm a klutz." I groaned. "He is a ninja."

   "You guys look good together." Marissa smirked.

   "Oh no, you are not starting that again. Last time you tried to set me up with a guy his girlfriend beat me up."

   "How was I suppose to know he was straight?" She shrugged as we entered the school.

    "Well I gotta go, see you in third period." I waved and headed toward science, my first class.

Science seemed to take forever and I couldn't focus on the lesson because the spaceship kept popping up and flying around in my head. Once I got to third period, history class, Marissa had already sat down and was drawing something in her notebook.

"Hey." I slipped off my book bag and sat down.

"Heyo." She looked up from her doodle and smiled. "Here comes Leo."

I groaned, "Thanks for pointing it out." I watched the new kid glare at a few kids standing in front of the door(they all scattered out of his way).

"Heeey, Leo." Marissa turned in her desk to face him, a huge grin on her face.

   "Hey." He replied with a small smile.

   "Well someone's in a good mood." Marissa had that look in her eye. That one she had when she was up to trouble.

"Marissa." I warned but she wasn't paying attention to me.

"Did something happen last night?" She smirked.

"Not that I know of." Leo glanced in my direction, as if saying 'say something and I'll rip your arms off'.

"So you didn't see any extraterrestrial spacecrafts last night?" My best friend raised an eyebrow.

Instead of answering Leo shot me a glare, stood, grabbed my wrist an dragged me out of our third period class. As I was being dragged out I gave Marissa a look that said 'why'. She just shrugged and smiled. What a great friend.

Leo shoved me against the wall of the school hallway. "What do you think you're doing going around telling people about what you saw?" He growled.

"I only told Marissa." I squeaked, "She's my best friend."

Leo only glared at me so I continued, "She won't tell anyone I promise."

He planted a hand beside my head that made me flinch. "She better not, because if I find out you or her have you'll regret it." With that threat he disappeared back into our history class and left me standing there scared out of my mind.

Through the rest of the day I pondered over why he flipped out about what we saw so much.

"Don't think to hard you might damage what little brain cells you have left." Marissa laughed as she took a swig out of her milk carton.

I rolled my eyes, "I have more brain cells than you do."

"Suuure you do." She giggled.

   "I assure you that both of your brains put together wouldn't even half mine." Leo stated as he sat down on my right.

"Hello Leo." Marissa waved over excitedly.

"Hey, Mars-" Leo coughed awkwardly, "Marissa."

   Mars? Where did he get that from? It actually sounds pretty nice. "I'm going to start calling you that now." I decided out loud.

   "What, you could be called that too." She huffed.

   "Nope. It works better for you...Mars." I smirked.

   "Fine then...Marcy." Marissa grinned evilly.

   "Hey-" I was going to complain but Leo jutted in.

   "That has a nice ring to it." He smirked.

   "Oh no, not you too!" I cried

   "Oh yes me too." He laughed.

   "I don't know why I put up with you guys." I grumbled as I finished off the rest of my food.

   "Because you love us." Mars laughed and stood up as the lunch bell rang and everyone began getting up so they could dump their trays.

   "Poor baby." Mars cooed causing Leo to laugh as we all stood to leave and head to our next class.

   "Bye Marcy." Marissa called over her shoulder as she headed to her next class with a huge grin on her face, "Oh and bye to you too Leo." She added.

   I sighed and waved at her as Leo and I headed the opposite direction to our own classes.

   "Your friend is entertaining." Leo laughed.

   "She's your friend too." I defended. "She is right?" I asked, uncertain.

   He was quite for a moment, "I guess I am. That is as long as she can keep secrets." He said as we walked down the hallway.

   We were almost to my next class when I noticed something. It was Leo, he was flickering and when he did it was like he was switching from one form to another. From human to something not human. I should have been scared and ran or something but I didn't. Instead I did what every not normal kid would do and grabbed his wrist and yanked him into the nearest bathroom as fast as I could.

••••••••••
Heyo! This is chapter four, and I may or may not have updated this at 6 am on a Saturday. Anyways, as promised here is the fourth chapter. Hope you like it. Byee!