Epilogue

"Mars, I swear! Give me back my jacket! Don't you know it's freezing outside?" I yelled at my best friend, crossing my arms across my chest.

   "Yes, if you want it you'll have to get it from me!" She held up my jacket and stuck her tongue out at me. She had spent the night at my house the night before and woke me up at seven in the morning to go walk around the park.

   "You're the one who wanted me to walk with you. I can't go outside without it." I frowned as I chased her around my mom's couch.

   "Yes you can. It's not that cold." She laughed as she jumped over one of the stools by a chair. I saw it too late and tripped right onto my face.

  "Ow," I mumbled as I shoved myself off the ground and on to my feet. "Okay, you win, I'll go without my jacket."

   "Great!" She cheered and placed my jacket on the top of the family bookshelf, out of my reach.

   I didn't really understand why my best friend wanted me to freeze to death but after being her friend for over four years I realized she either didn't have a reason or she had an evil plan of some sort, and either way all I knew is that it was cold outside and I was jacket-less.

   "Come on Mark, lets go." Marissa grabbed my arm and hauled me out of my house and all the way down my stairs.

   "Alright, Alright. I can walk by myself. " I laughed as I almost tripped her trying to get my arm loose.

   "Yeah right," She mumbled under her breath, "Who was the one who almost got us killed because he sneezed? I think you need someone to hold your hand everywhere."

   "Hey!" I frowned, "You're being extra mean today."

   "Me?" Mars placed a hand to her chest dramatically, "Mean? Never!"

    "Yeah, right, whatever." I chuckled and looked toward the park, "Last one there has to sleep on the floor tonight!" I yelled suddenly and burst into a full on sprint all while laughing like a manic as mars yelled at me, saying I was a cheater.

   "Ha! I beat you. That's payback for my jacket." I said breathlessly, bending down to place my hands on my knees.

   "You're gonna thank me for it later." She reassured me with a wink which made me nervous. There was no telling what she had in plan.

"Yeah sure, whatever." I mumbled as I started toward the swings, Mars following after me.

"Awe! Come on Marcy you know you love me." She laughed as she plopped down on one of the swings and began to push off of the ground.

"Hey! Marissa!" A familiar voice shouts from my left. Marissa and I look toward the sound to see none other than Lyler running toward us, a grin plastered on his alien face.

"Lyler!" Mars yelled as she jumped out of the swing landing swiftly on her feet, "You're right in time."

"Right on time for what?" I ask, my eyebrows scrunching up in confusion.

"Right on time to distract you from looking behind you." Marissa laughed and Lyler kept that dumb grin on his face.

Before I could even look behind me something was was placed around my shoulders. I looked up to see Leo looking down at me in his human form. His smile was almost as big as Lyler's.

"LEO!" I shouted and attempted to get out of the swing but my foot got stuck and I began to fall forward.

"Still as clumsy as ever." Leo joked as he caught me with ease causing my face to heat up slightly.

"Of course." I mumbled as I pulled him into a hug, bringing my arms around his neck as he placed his around my waist.

   "You act like it's been years." He laughed at me.

   "Four months is basically a decade in my book." I pout at him. I could hear Mars and Lyler carrying on a conversation.

   "Right, so Lyler and I are going to go watch a movie, bye!" They were gone before I could even respond. I looked up at Leo with a smile.

   "She hasn't changed." He laughed as he let go of me.

"If she has it only means she got more energetic." I laughed, "I'm craving ice cream. Can you eat my kind of food?"

"When in this form, yes." He smiled as we began to walk. I knew he was going to come visit but honestly I didn't think it would be this soon.

I was excited and happy, just looking at him made my heart race. As we walked Leo grabbed my hand in his and laced our fingers together. I could tell he was trying to be subtle by the way he was attempting to hide his smile. It was cute. We made it to the ice cream shop and went in to order.

"I would like a double mint chocolate chip ice cream please." I smiled at the lady behind the cash register and looked back at Leo, "What would you like?"

I watched as Leo looked over the different flavors. His eyes sparkled as he read the labels. I guess they didn't have stuff like this back on Saturn.

"I would like strawberry cheese cake." He decided out loud and I paid the lady after she gave our ice cream to us.

We took one of the window seats and I began to lick my ice cream. I looked over at Leo to see him looking at his with hesitation.

"It taste good, I swear." I laughed as I licked mine again and Leo kinda licked his too.

His eyes widened and a grin spread across his face. "Woah, this taste great." He took an entire bite out of it. I guess as an alien he didn't get brain freezes.

"Yeah wanna try mine?" I asked as I watched him all but inhale his.

"Yes please!" I handed over my ice cream and laughed as he ate over half of mine too.

"Well I knew it was good but dang." I grinned and tried to take mine back.

"Yeah it's good but I think you're better." He grinned back and a blush made its way to my face as I looked down at my hands. That was smooth.

"In fact you know what would be better?" He asked.

I was about to ask for an answer when he placed down my ice cream and leaned over the table. "Your lips on mine."

And with that he push his lips against mine. They were soft and warm, our lips moved together and it kind of reminded me of a slow dance. I may not know much about Leo and his planet but the one thing I did know about him was that he loved me and I loved him.

~~~~~~~~~~

So I wasn't really planning on making an epilogue but when I updated my story as complete a bunch of you guys started reading and voting on it so I decided that an epilogue was needed as a thanks to all of you guys who read and supported me through it. I don't know if you guys read these but thank you.

Update! So I'm planning on adding a preview in Marissa's point of view and if you guys are down a friend of mine and I plan on making a story for Marissa.