Chapter 14: Leo Has Warm Arms

"What is an anxiety attack?" Leo asked, concern clear in his voice.

"It's like getting to overwhelm by fear, worry, and stuff." Marissa tried to explain. It is really hard to explain what an anxiety attack is and how it feels. I remember the first time I had one when Marissa was around and she asked what it felt like, I had no idea how to explain it back then.

"How do we make it stop?" Leo was right behind me now. I could almost feel his warmth.

"Mark, remember the first time we met?" My best friend asked quickly. I knew she knew I couldn't fight if I was spazzing out.

"Yea-h" I nodded my head. Suddenly I felt Leo's arms rap around my waist. It made my breath hitch in my throat. His arms were so warm. I felt a calm sensation roll over me and my hands stopped shaking for the most part as I leaned back into Leo's chest.

"Hey, it's going to be fine." Leo whispered into my ear and sent a shiver down my spine.

"Yeah." I whispered and nodded slightly. Just as fast as his arms had appeared they disappeared. I tried hard not to feel disappointed.

"How did you do that?" Marissa asked Leo, looking slightly jealous. She had always been the only one who could bring me out of one of my attacks, not even my mom could do it.

   "His body language told me he needed physical comfort." Leo shrugged. Marissa had always pulled me out of one by distracting me. It always worked too, we would end up talking about ice cream and random stuff and I would always end up laughing, but now wasn't the time to argue. We are still in the middle of getting Leo's ship back.

"Guys, government people attacking us, getting Leo's ship back, ringing a bell?" I raised an eyebrow.

   "Oh yeah." They said in unison.

I looked around the place. It was white, everything was freaking white and it was giving me a headache.

   "We need to keep moving." Leo declared as he looked around as well.

   "Should we try going through that door?" Marissa suggested, pointing toward a door to my right.

   "I'm pretty sure that's the only door other than the one that we came through." He observed.

   "It better not be white, cause if it is I'm going to scream." I announced as I headed for the door.

I tried to open the door and of course it was locked. "I don't think you can just ram into this one." Marissa pointed out, causing me to groan.

"Yeah I noticed." I frowned, "Leo can you get it opened?"

   "I can try." He stepped up to the door and put his bracelet up to the doors keypad. I watched in amazement as some little wire looking things came out and began to make their way into the code system.

   There was a clicking sound and the door flung open effortlessly. Behind the door was what looked like a lab of some sort and of course it was white.We started walking through the room and I noticed some weird looking things on stands.

"Hey, that's my fathers flash laser." Leo whisper shouted and pointed to what looked like a light orange water gun but with a scope on it.

"Is that a potato bush?!" Marissa asked excitedly. When I looked over to what Mars was pointing at, I was shocked when it really did look like there where potatoes growing from a bush. "Yesss, it isssss."

I kept walking past my friends and headed farther into the room, which is something I could have lived without. The farther I went into the room the scarier the things got. I saw things like severed hands that had hardly any human traits at all, some kind of bug thing that looked like it could start an apocalypse, and tubes of weirdly colored stuff.

What I stumbled upon next made me scream. I stumbled backwards and fell on my butt. I heard Leo and Marissa's footsteps echoing around the room as they headed toward me.

"Mark what's wrong?" I heard Marissa's voice, she obviously hadn't made it to me yet or she would have screamed too.

"Mar-" Leo cut his sentence short and I knew why. In a huge cylinder tank floating in this bluish water was an alien that looked kind of like Leo.

•••••••••
Cliffhanger!!! Aren't they the best? XD Chapter 14! Not much to say except for I have an idea that involves splitting up. *evil laughter*