Chapter 10: The Alien is Homesick

The plan had been set for the next day. We had analyzed it, going over it, changing things, checking things, we even made a map of the outside area from what Leo had remembered. It was all set and now all we had to do was hope and rest. Marissa was already fast asleep on the couch. I was on the floor and Leo in his bedroom. I couldn't sleep though, no matter how hard I tried it just was not happening. I pushed the cover off of me and a shiver found its way down my spine.

I got up as quietly as I could in order to not wake my best friend and headed for the front door. When sleep failed to overcome me the night sky was always there to hold me in its grasp. I opened the door and silently stepped out into the chilly night. What was unexpected was to see non other than Leo laying under the silky dark sky staring longingly at the night above him. Without a word I laid down beside him and admired space's breathtaking beauty.

"You really miss your home don't you?" I asked quietly as I put my hands behind my head.

"Yes." He admitted. "I miss it a lot."

I stayed quiet for a while as we started up into the vast unknown. "Can you see your planet from here?"

"Yeah." A small smile spread across his lips as he pointed to a small flickering planet above us, "It's about 1.2 billion kilometers away from Earth at the moment."

"That's so far." I stared in awe at the planet that looked so tiny from where I was laying. I could not imagine being that far away from everyone I knew and loved, to somewhere so very different from the one I grew up knowing.

"Yeah, I know." He remarked with a glance in my direction. "I just want to go back to my parents, back to my friends, back to my home."

I had never really thought about Leo having friends or family that he might be missing and it caused a wave of guilt to wash over me. "Don't worry, me and Marissa are here to help you all the way." I turned on to my side and gave him a toothy grin which caused Leo to laugh slightly.

"Thank you." He smiled lightly and I smiled back.

"No problem."

   "You know, I use to think you humans where terrible." He frowned.

   "Yeah?" I asked staying on my side to look at him.

   "Yeah, but it turns out not all of you are bad." He also turned to face me.

   "Marissa may be weird but she isn't bad." I agreed.

   "And neither are you." Leo added.

   "Now I think both of us need sleep," I began to push myself off of the ground as I tried to hid the bright red blush that crept on to my face, "Marissa is the only one who is chill enough to sleep a couple hours before we sprint to our possible death." I held out my hand and helped Leo up.

"She is quite strange." He agreed as we headed back into his house.

Once we opened the door we were greeted with Marissa half off of the couch and half on it, the blanket over her face. She was out cold though.

"Should we push her back onto the couch?" Leo asked in a whisper.

I almost said no but remembered that when she fell she would fall on top of me and smother me like last time. "Mm, yeah, that sounds like a good idea."

It took the both of us to move her without waking her up in the process, but once we had, Leo and I said our goodnights. He headed to his bedroom and I laid back down on my pallet. It didn't take very long for me to fall asleep. It felt like I had just shut my eyes when Leo started shaking me awake. I groaned and rolled over, already getting a headache.

"Come on Mark get your lazy human butt up and then help me wake up Marissa." Leo demanded and ripped the cover off of me before I had a chance to get a good grip on it.

   "But she'll beat me up." I wined and sat up groggily and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

   "Better you than me." Leo shrugged and I glared in response but got up anyways.

   "Marissa, wake yo lazy butt up!" I shook her shoulders, she didn't even budge, "Maaars!" I shook her a bit harder earning a groan from her.

   "Shut up you homo." She mumbled, still half asleep.

   "GET UP!" I yelled. She rolled on to her side and shoved me.

   "No, Marcy you suck." She jeered.

   "I will steal your potato launcher if you don't get up in about five seconds!" I threatened and pulled the pillow out from under her head.

   "You wouldn't dare!" She remarked as she sat up.

   "I will if you DON'T GET UP!" I yelled the last part and smacked her on the head with the pillow.

   "No. you. Just. Didn't." She was on top of me within seconds. She ripped the pillow from my hands and smashed it against my face repeatedly.

   "Okay! Okay! I'm sorry." I cried and grabbed the pillow from her hands.

   "You better be." She glared and pushed herself off of me and headed to the bathroom. "Imma take a shower."

   I looked over to see Leo dying from laughing to hard. "I told you she would beat me up."

   "As I said before hand, better you than me."

                    ••••••••••
Chapter 10! I think this is my favorite chapter so far, so I hope you like it. Byee!