Chapter 9: Leo's House

It wasn't until I was making my way to Leo's house that I realized what I had got myself into. "Crap." I mumbled under my breath.

   "What is it?" Marissa asked from the drivers seat. She had gotten her license about a month ago.

   "I just realized that we are going to help an alien steal a ship back from the government." I said dumbfounded.

   "You just realized that?" She laughed as she turned down the music.

"Sadly, yes." I sighed and leaned my head against the back of the car's seat.

"Welp, it's to late to turn back now." She shrugged keeping her eyes on the road.

"I know. I would of felt terrible if I hadn't agreed anyways." I admitted, "Plus, aliens are cool."

"Yeah they are." Marissa grinned. We rode in silence for a while just listening to to the music playing on the radio.

   "You knew he wasn't human and you didn't tell me." Marissa said breaking the silence and feeling me with guilt. The mood changing drastically.

"I know." I sighed, "He wouldn't let me tell you."

"Oh." Followed by more silence. The tension between me and my best friend was slowly growing into a massive ball that was going to split apart our relationship if I did not do something about it soon.

   "I wanted to tell you. I knew you would believe me but how was I suppose to tell you if Leo didn't want me to?" I asked, hoping it sounded better to her than it did me.

"You could have tried to convince him." She said quietly, which made feel even more guilty.

"Yeah, I guess I could have." I mumbled just as quietly. "Would you fell better if I let you punch me?"

She paused to think about it, "I think that would help a little bit."

"I'll get you a bag of potatoes and help you come up with new alien jokes to annoy Leo with." I bit my lip hopping my offer was tempting enough.

"Mm, alright deal." She mused and turned the radio back up.

"How does Leo even own a house? He's only been on earth for like three weeks right?" I ask Marissa as we stood at the front steps of a small brick house with our bags slung over our shoulders.

      "Maybe he has alien powers and he controlled the land lord into giving him the house?" Marissa suggested as I reached up to knock on the door.

   "Maybe" I hiked my bag back onto my shoulder because it was starting to fall slightly. It didn't take Leo long to answer the door.

"Hey." He stepped to the side and motioned for us to come in.

"Hi." I said as I walked past him and into 'his' house, it was pretty nice. The front door led right into a small living room. It had a couch on the opposite wall and the tv facing it on the same wall as the door.

"Heyo, Leo, I brought you a potato." Marissa grinned as she handed Leo a nice sized potato.

"Uh, thanks." Leo hesitantly took hold of the potato and followed behind her. As he did he examined the potato curiously. "You know, I'm not Mark's dad.

"Yeah, I know, only special people get potatoes from me." She plopped down on Leo's couch and I followed suit but I sat down like I was at someone else's house and not my own.

   "How come Mark doesn't get any potatoes?" He questioned as he sat in the cushioned chair beside the couch.

   "I said special people." She whispered the next part, "He follows me around and won't leave me alone." She gave me a look that said 'stalker'.

   "Wow, thanks." I grumbled and looked over to my alien friend who wanted to get us all sent to prison for life. "So what's your plan oh, brilliant extraterrestrial from outer space?"

   Leo rolled his eyes at me, "I've watched the grounds for two days strait and I have come to the conclusion that there are always guards on duty." He said confidently.

   "Really?" I let out a dramatic gasp, "I would never had guessed that."

"Shut up." Leo glared at me, "At the two front entrances, but there is one entrance that isn't guarded for about five minutes from12:00 on the dot to 12:05."

"I'll remember to let you finish your sentences in the future." I mumbled and Marissa laughed.

"You better, I'm stronger and scarier than you." Leo smirked and sat up in his chair a little more.

"Yeah right." I scoffed. "And we are getting off topic."

"Yeah." Marissa nodded her head in agreement, "We gotta get chaw ship back, bruh."

"I didn't know you where a gangster." I raised an eyebrow at my friend.

"There are a lot of things you don't know about me." She smiled evilly causing me and Leo to look at each other nervously and I realized that we had gotten off topic again even though we never really got back on topic. I think we all have ADHD.

••••••••••
   Chapter 9!!!!! It took me forever to find I song for this one but here it is! Byee