Chapter 23: Finally

Mark's POV

Marissa looked like she was being torn in half over the decision. I didn't know why Lyler wasn't with us when I woke up, but I honestly didn't think of him as a bad guy. "G-go find him."

The only thing I was worried about was leaving her by herself. It had already happened once and I was scared to do it again. "Mark, are you sure?" She looked from me to Leo.

I looked at the taser in her hand, suddenly I remembered something. "As... as long as y-you can make it to r-room 407."

"Why?" she scrunched up her eyebrows, "What's in there?"

"It's... it-" An icy hot pain shot through my stomach and blackness made rims around my vision.

"Marissa, he is dying." Leo looked as if I was already dead, which scared me to the core.

"Right." She started for the door but hesitated and looked back at me, "I'll meet you guys the ship." A pause, "I love you, Mark." Then she was out of the door.

Marissa's POV

"I love you, Mark." I flung myself out of the door as fast as I could. I knew Leo could take care of Mark but that didn't make leaving my best friend any easier. I didn't want him to die but I didn't want Lyler to die either. I was being pulled in two different directions and I had no idea what to do. 407, the numbers Mark had said whispered through my ears. I had no clue on what was in that room but it must have been important.

"The girl!" I heard someone yell from behind me. I turned my head just in time to see two guys round the corner I had just turned. A short stump of a dude and a mean looking one with a head shinny enough to blind me.

"How dare you just assume my gender like that!" I yelled to them over my shoulder, "I could be a potato for all you know." That was a sufficient amount of time to confuse them enough to slow down at least for a moment.

"They were right about her, she is crazy." Said the short one who reminded me kind of like a confused cactus. (Whatever that looks like.)

"Crazy is what has kept me alive so far." I laughed as I kept running and watching the numbers above the doors as I went, which was really hard considering they were all blurry and stuff because I was running. In fact, it was so blurry I passed right by it.

   "You can't run forever." The angry bald guy yelled from a few feet back.

   I skidded to a halt and ran back to the door and pushed the door open. I looked around quickly to see what was so special about it when my eyes landed on such a beautiful sight it brought tears to my eyes. I ran over to it and pulled it off the wall. The door behind me opened and a evil grin found its way on to my face.

   "You might as well give up now we've got you-" He stopped right in the middle of his sentence once I turned around.

   "Dear god, she found her potato launcher!" The short stumpy guy looked as if he was about to pass out.

   "Yeah, my baby and I are back together. Sucks for you two, considering you want be together for much longer." I laughed as I aimed my amazing launcher at their retreating figures. It's time to find Lyler.

Mark's POV

"Do you need to take a break?" Leo asked me as we turned a corner just out of sight from some guards on patrol.

"Y-yeah." I winced as Leo took my arm from around him and helped me lean against the wall behind us.

   "We don't have long. We are almost there, okay?" Leo asked looking from around the corner to me.

  I simply nodded. I could feel myself drifting in and out of consciousness slightly. It took all the strength I had left to keep my feet on the ground. I knew I wasn't going to last much longer.

   "Mark. Mark, we need to get moving." It only felt like a couple of seconds but I must have drifted off. The alien grabbed my arm gently and put around his shoulders. "They're gone, it gives us a chance to get past."

   We got through the halls pretty easily. We thought it was a trap, considering the halls are usually crawling with people wanting to catch us. For some odd reason there wasn't a soul in the hallways as we made our way slowly through the halls.

   "L...eo." I tried to speak but my my energy was drained to barley nothing and my entire body hurt so bad I didn't think I could take it much longer. I was almost wishing I could loose consciousness.

   "Don't worry. We've made it to the ship." He whispered, looking from left to right. He was expecting a trap too.

   When no one seemed to pop out or strike us down we began to gradually make our way to his ship. Once he made it to the door he placed a hand on the side of it and just as it began to open I finally let my self drift into a deep sleep. We had made it.

~~~~~~~~~~
   Chapter 23! I had to finish writing it on my phone so there might be a couple more typos than there usually are.