Chapter 13: Fightig the Government Might be a Bit Overwhelming

Mark's pov
"Jeez, Mark." Marissa gasped, "Do you think you hit it hard enough?"

"Sorry." I apologized as I pushed myself off of the cold cemented ground and looked around.

The hallway had three doors on each wall and turned at the end. The wall was a very light gray and the ceiling was white with bright lights.  We all stood looking around and taking it all in.

   "So we going through the doors or nah?" Marissa broke through the silence. "And why haven't we had to fight people yet?"

   "I say no to the doors." I voiced and looked to the end of the hall where it turned left. 

   "I agree with Mark, and I'm not sure why they haven't attacked yet." Leo stepped up beside me.

   "So following the hallway it is." Marissa started her way down the white corridor with confidence, Leo and I followed after her. Marissa turned down the hallway first.

We had just made it to the end when Marissa screamed. I began running before I even thought about what was down there, the only thing on my mind was saving my best friend. Thankfully Leo followed after me.

   "Marissa!" I called out frantically.  All I could see was smoke and some figures moving around in it.

   I started forward just to be stopped when a potato went flying past just centimeters from my head. I heard some men yell and then the smoke started to clear and I saw Marissa slamming a potato into some guys head. She landed one last hit on him before he went crashing to the ground unconscious beside about five other guys.

"Dang Mars." I heard Leo marvel from somewhere behind me.

   "They... tried to... still my... potato launcher." She panted angrily.

   "Remind me to never mess with Marissa's potato launcher." I mumbled to Leo before I headed toward Marissa. He nodded in response and followed after me.

We continued down the hall with caution. It wasn't long before some more guys decided to show up. We were just entering a room at the end of the hallway when about fifteen guards attacked all at once. The first guy I saw came running strait at me. I timed his move just right by side stepping him right before he rammed me. I spun around and roundhouse kicked him in the side before he even knew what was coming. He went flying to the left almost knocking Leo, who was fighting two guys at once to the ground. He gave me a quick glare.

   "Sorry Le-." I tried to apologize, but was cut off by two more guys. They both started to throw punches left and right. I dodged most of them, a couple hit their targets.

   The first one aimed another punch at me, I ducked down seconds before it hit me. The second guy didn't see it coming. Guard number one's fist went flying into guard number two. I took this chance to glance up. Marissa was killing it with her potato launcher, she took out three guys and one girl all at once with one potato and Leo (who was still in his alien form) was beating the crap out of this one guy with the end of his spear.

   I'm not even sure how we were winning. I mean it was a bunch of military trained army guys who work for the government against a crazy girl with a potato launcher, a gay sixteen year old limp noodle who knew taekwondo, and a alien from some other planet. Maybe we were winning because of how messed up our team was. Whatever it was I hoped we kept it up until the end.

   We fought off all fifteen of the government's soldiers, and of course I was the most injured. I could feel blood dripping from my lip. I had bruises and cuts up and down both arms, and my shirt was ripped on the side revealing a pretty deep gash just under my rib cage which worried me because that was just our first fight. The gash was a punishment for being distracted, but now my head was in the game. To be honest the only thing going through my head when I was fighting was; WE JUST BROKE INTO A MILITARY BASE AND NOW WE ARE FIGHTING MILITARY PEOPLE, OMG.

   I was a bit scared, still am actually. I was shaking from head to foot, my anxiety was getting the better of me.

   "Mark, are you okay?" Marissa stepped up to me. She could always tell when I was about to have one of my stupid anxiety attacks.

   "Y-yeah." I choked out. I didn't want Leo to know how weak I was, "I-I'm fine."

   My response only made my best friend frown. "No your not. Look at your hands." She pointed at my hands which were shaking badly.

                    ••••••••••

Sorry this chapter was late I was at comic con Saturday and Sunday. So yeah here's chapter 13! Finally. Okie, byee.