Chapter 21: Getting Mark Back

Leo's POV
"Get off me you perverted creep!" Marissa screamed at a guy who had attempted to get a decent grip on her. "YOU, YOU'RE THE DOUCHE BAG WHO TOOK MY POTATO LAUNCHER ." She pulled her wrist free and punched the guy square in the face with all her force. 

   I didn't have much time to take it in because another guy charged at me from my right. I jumped just in time for him to go running under me and right into the guy Marissa has just punched, sending them both to the ground with a series of grunts and groans.

"Nice going." She grinned and high fived me. That was something I'd seen her and Mark do but I myself had never participated in before. It's an act of victory or something.

"They were talking about Mark. They said he was in room 102b?" I had no idea where that was.

   "102...b?" Marissa tapped her chin in thought for a moment until her face lit up and she said, "I know where that is! It's near where Lyler saved me."

   "Great, let's get going. You lead." I rushed.

   Marissa made sure to step on top of the guy who took her launcher on our way to past him. He groaned in pain and rolled on top of the other guy. We made our way through hallways, rooms, even a couple bathrooms that we both stopped to take a pee break at. A few more hallways and we still hadn't found the room 102b.

   "Marissa, I thought you knew where the room was." I panted. We had just got done taking out three guys and running from five others who had mean looking tasers. We barley lost them.

    "I do but all these hallways look the same!" She ran a hand through her hair, ruffling up some.

"It's okay. Let's just take a moment to look around, okay?" I tried to say it calmly even though I just wanted to slam my fist into a wall in frustration. There was no telling what they were doing to Mark.

"Right." We looked around at the rooms and their numbers. The rooms all had A's after their numbers.

"These must mean that we are on floor A." I decided, "We need to get to floor B."

"That makes sense, but how are we going to do that?" Marissa asked.

   "Stairs?" I suggested, "An lift maybe?"

   "I hope it's a lift." Marissa sighed, "Lets get to looking then."

Mark's POV
"Mark, if you just give me answers you wouldn't be in such pain. Stop being a stubborn brat and answer me!" Dorian yelled. My head was pounding and my whole body felt like it was going to fall apart at any moment.

   "I... I w-won't tell... Tell you anything." My voice was scratchy and came out as a whisper. "And stop... saying my n-name like you know me."

"Oh, but I do know you Mark. You've fallen for your little alien friend." Dorian's grin was an evil sight. "You love him but he doesn't love you back. You're just to hard headed to see that."

"Shut up!" I tried to yell but my voice cracked. "Y-you're wrong." Maybe Leo didn't love me, maybe he was only using me to get his ship back. How was to really know? The other part of me knew that Leo wouldn't do such a thing but it was hard to keep faith when you have something like Dorian breathing lies down your back.

"You know I'm right Mark. Just tell me about the alien. Everything you know and it will all be over. I won't hurt you anymore." He set down the guard stick he had been using to beat me with.

"Y-you'll... stop?" I asked quietly. Would he really? If I told he everything I knew about Leo? The offer was tempting.

"Yes Mark. You tell me and I'll stop. It's a win win situation." That wicked smile spread its way onto his face.

"...okay..." I took a painful breath, ready to tell him, "L-Leo is f-... he-" I couldn't do it. I couldn't believe I almost sold out my best friend. I was such a horrible person. Tears filled the brims of my eyes.

"Come on Mark, we're so close now."

"No!" I shouted even though it hurt, "I w-won't tell you. You'll have to ki-kill me before I tell you."

Dorian's smile fell into an angry snarl. "That can be arranged." He lunged at me and I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for more pain.

The sound of a door opening entered my ears and then the sound of a loud smack, like someone had been hit, followed by a grunt and a thud to the floor.

"Mark," it was Leo, "Are you alright?"

I felt like I was still being stabbed repeatedly everywhere but now that Leo was here it didn't matter. "Y-yeah."

"No you're not!" Marissa shouted, making me flinch, "Once Dorian regains consciousness I'm going to kill him."
~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 21! Hurray!!!! I'm already past the twenty chapter mark and I have over 300 views! Thanks to everyone who is reading my story! I love you all!