Chapter 34: Home Sweet Home, I guess

"Mark, you took out my boss?" Leo was pacing the small room, occasionally stepping over Humber's unconscious body.

"Yes?" My answer came out more of a question. "Was that the wrong thing to do?"

"No it's the right thing. I just- I need to figure out what to do from here." He stopped pacing and looked at Mars and me. I couldn't really tell what he was thinking.

"Maybe try flying them back home?" Lyler spoke up from beside Marissa.

"Sounds good but what if he wakes up again?" Leo frowned and rubbed the side of his head with his alien hand.

"Tie him up." Mars suggested, "They you won't need to worry about if he wakes up."

   "Yeah but-"

So after ten long minutes of Leo trying to come up with something that wouldn't make his boss angrier than he already would be once he woke up. In the end he came up blank and we all help tie his boss to the chair in the small room.

"Alrighty!" Mars said happily, "Now that that's done we can finally go home."

"Yeah." I said, lacking the enthusiasm Mars was radiating off of her.

   "What's wrong?" She questioned, noticing my disappointment.

   "Once we're home Leo and Lyler will have to go home too." I moved my eyes from hers and onto the floor. Just the thought of Leo going to an entire different planet made all the life drain out of me.

   Mars happy expression dissolved into a frown, "Oh yeah, I didn't even think about that part. I don't won't Lyler to leave."

   "Yeah but we can't just leave our families behind, we don't even know if we could live on their planets anyway." The realization was settling in for both of us and it left the air around us tense and miserable.

   "Aye! Mars, Mark do you..." Lyler stopped in front of Mars and me, "What's got you guys all down in the dumps? You guys look like you dropped your favorite ice cream."

"Yeah I guess it's something like that." Mars mumbled. I watched as Lyler sat down beside my best friend and pulled her into a hug.

"What's bothering you?" He asked in a gentle voice.

"Just- I don't want you to leave me." She admitted, "I know that sound pathetic and crap, but I actually don't care."

"Don't worry I'll come back and visit you and you can visit me-well I'll just come and bring you with me back home." He laughed at the end.

"Hey what about me?" I finally spoke up, feeling awkward.

"Of course Mark, I'll come see you too." Lyler laughed and stood back up.

   "Lyler don't leave me, I don't want to be stuck here with Mark." Mars wined and I glared at her.

   "Rude." I mumbled causing her to send me an evil grin.

   "I'll be back I promise." He smiled reassuringly at her and left the room in a boring silence.

   My mind drifted off to Leo. Would he come and visit me too? Or would he go on back to his planet and forget about me for forever? Just the thought of him forgetting me made my heart skip a beat and my eyes wail up with tears.

   "Mark you okay?" When I looked up I saw Mars giving me a worried look.

   "Of course I'm fine," I smiled, "I'm always fine." The last part was me trying to convince myself.

   There is no way I'm going to cry about this. Leo wouldn't forget about me I'm sure and he will come see me. He at least enjoyed my company right?

   "Hey Mark, we're at your house!" Leo's voice made its way into my ears and I stiffened slightly.

   "Finally! I'm starving." Mars jumped from that chair and headed out of the heavy white door that lead outside of the spaceship, but I couldn't bring myself to move.

   "Mark you coming?" Leo asked from beside me. I jumped not noticing that he was there.

   "Uh, yeah." I said quietly. He held out his hand to help me up. I looked at it for a moment before grabbing it.

   "Marcy we can finally sleep in a bed!" Marissa was shouting and dancing around Lyler. "No more weird alien food- no offense Lyler and Leo."

   "Home sweet home I guess." I mumbled and looked at my house. It was dark outside and inside of my house.

   "Mark what's wrong?" Leo asked, placing a caring hand on my shoulder.

   "Will you come back to see me one day?" I blurted before I could stop myself.

   Leo was silent for a second and it made me nervous. "You expect me to come see you once?" He asked, "I'm gonna come see you as often as I can."

   All at once my body relaxed and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Really?"

   "Really."

   "So I guess this is goodbye fore now." I said sadly.

   "Yeah I guess it is." He replied and rapped his arms around my waist.

   "Leo what are-" I was cut off by his lips being placed against mine. They were soft and warm and sent a wave of calmness over me.

   "Good bye Mark." Leo grinned as Lyler and he made their way into Leo's boss's aircraft.

   Mars and I watched as the ship lit up and silently shot into the air. Leo said he would be back I thought as I felt the blush on my cheeks die down some.

   "Come on Mars in tired and hungry. Let's go inside."

~~~~~~~~~~
   El fin! (That's the end in Spanish) That's right guys that's the last chapter. I've been putting it off for like months because I didn't want it to end but here it is!!! It wasn't that great but I might end up changing it later. Also I might write and epilogue to it too. Anyways hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading it even though it wasn't actually good!