Chapter 7: New Recrute

Mark's pov

"This movie is crap." Marissa scoffed as she shoved a handful of salty popcorn into her mouth.

"I second that." Leo frowned as he watched Bella cry for some unknown reason.

"I third that." I huffed, "Why the heck did we choose to watch this again?"

"I can't believe this is what you people on Earth see as entertainment." Leo complained even through his eyes never left the TV.

   "You act like your not from here." Marissa laughed.

   "I wander why." I mumbled which caused Leo to chunk a hand full of popcorn at me.

   We all decided to watch Twilight because none of us had seen it and we had nothing else to do. We heated up the popcorn, grabbed some sodas and my mom had made us sandwiches and the movie ended up being terrible.

   "This is torture." I signed dramatically. "Let's watch White Girls instead."

   "White Girls!" Marissa grinned.

  "What the heck is that?" Leo scrunched up his nose in a cute- nope, not falling for him. Having a crush on an alien? To much drama.

   "Its- never mind." I didn't feel like explaining it because I'm lazy.

   "Oh, Mark I have to tell you something." Leo stood up and headed towards the door. Marissa was giving me that look she made whenever she was reading fan fiction or she was planing something evil.

"Oh, shut up." I groaned as I headed out of the same door Leo had left through.

"What's up?" I asked as he pulled me into the spare room across from mine and I tripped a bit.

"I've decided the date of when we're going to get my ship back." Leo explained, he was use to me tripping so much and just ignored it. "Spring break is coming up."

Ship? Oh yeah, alien. I had completely forgotten about that. "Oh, yeah." I sighed.

"You promised you'd help me." He glared.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. What are friends f-" I was cut off by squealing from behind the door. We both froze.

"Marissa." We said in unison.

Leo rushed to the door and flung it open. Marissa tried to make a run for it but Leo caught her wrist before she could get far. He dragged her back into the room and shut the door.

   "Maaars." I huffed.

  "Maaaarcy." She mocked.

   "How much did you hear?" Leo asked.

   "Enough to know that you guys are gonna steal a ship, a ship that happens to be yours." Marissa pointed at Leo. "I KNEW YOU WHERE AN ALIE-"

   "SHHH." I slap my hand over her mouth.

   "How did you know that?" Leo furrowed his brow.

   "It's soooo obvious." She declared through my hand and rolled her
eyes.

   "Because she assumes everyone is an alien." I signed and removed my hand from her mouth, "She still accuses me."

   "Yeah, and this is just more proof." She put her hands on her hips.

   "Wow." Leo ran a hand through his already messy hair. "How do I always get in these situations?"

   "I won't tell a soul." Marissa pretended to lock her mouth and throw away the key.

   "You better not." He glared at both of us, "Either of you."

"We won't." I promised.

"So what's the plan for getting your ship back?" Marissa asked eagerly.

Leo gave her a pointed look, "Your not going."

"What? Why not?!" Marissa pouted.

"Because," I interjected, "It's to risky. You can't defend yourself with just potatoes." I tried to reason with her even though she usually got what she wanted.

"I'll have you know I have almost killed someone with a potato before." She said matter-of-factly.

"This is the government we're talking about." I sighed. I didn't want my best friend getting killed because I let her do something crazy.

"And if it's like in the movies we can totally beat them and get Leo's ship back." Marissa crossed her arms over her chest.

"Marissa, this isn't like in the movies." Leo put a hand on her shoulder. I could tell he was trying his best to be reasonable.

"I know," she sighed, "But I'm not letting you two go alone so that's that. I'm going with you guys wether you like it or not."

Me and Leo looked at each other. We had a silent agreement and nodded. "Okay, but you have to do whatever Leo says, if tells you to jump you ask how high. Same goes for me." I said turning towards her.

She thought for a moment, "Fine, but I'm bringing my potato launcher."

••••••••••
   Marissa always gets her way because Mark and Leo are softies. Anyway that was chapter 7, hope you liked it. See you in chapter 8.