Crown of Midnight by: Sarah J. Maas

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

Published by Bloomsbury USA Childrens on September 2, 2014

Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance, Adventure

Pages: 418

Series: Throne of Glass - Book Two

Format: Paperback

Source: Indigo

Summary from Goodreads:

"A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached.

It puts this entire castle in jeopardy—and the life of your friend."

From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie... and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.

Buy Links:

Amazon│Barnes & Noble│Indigo

Review:

How does Sarah J. Maas do it? She creates a world so captivating and entrancing that you can't find help but find yourself in awe of her creations. Having read Throne of Glass not too long ago - which I was pretty impressed by (you can read my review here) - I had high hopes for this novel and series. And let me tell you Mrs. Maas didn't let me down.

When I thought Celaena...er, Aelin was already a badass, BOOM! Badassery explodes from every end. From the amazing writing, driven plot, extruchiatingly awesome characters, to the perfection that was the execution, Sarah J. Maas has created another masterpiece that now sits on my shelf. Everything was just utter perfection. Seriously, there was nothing that I didn't like.

I tried not to pay attention to all the hype and generally avoided reading anything on Twitter or Instagram in fear of getting spoiled. I know I'm late to the party...sigh. Pushing aside the fact that I have now only began to read this series in 2016 when this particular novel was originally published in 2013 (*shakes head slowly), I am happy to state that I am officially hooked. I'm jumping onboard the bandwagon and am going to see this series to the end.

Side Note: As I am currently typing this, I keep on glancing at the shelf where the whole series now sits. Before you ask, yes after reading Crown of Midnight I went out and bought the rest of the series. I rarely ever do that but I know that no matter what this series throws at me, I am going to stick with it till the end.

Rating:

★★★★★

About The Author:

Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (out 5/5/15).

Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too much tea, and watches an ungodly amount of TV. When she's not busy writing, she can be found exploring the historic and beautiful Pennsylvania countryside with her husband and canine companion.

 When she's not busy writing, she can be found exploring the historic and beautiful Pennsylvania countryside with her husband and canine companion