Seeing Red by: Sandra Brown

Seeing Red

by Sandra Brown
Published by Grand Central Publishing on February 6th, 2018
Genres: Romance, Suspense, Mystery, Thriller, Fiction
Pages: 432
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought at Indigo

Summary from Goodreads:

Kerra Bailey is a TV journalist hot on the trail of a story guaranteed to skyrocket her career to new heights. Twenty-five years ago, Major Franklin Trapper became a national icon when he was photographed leading a handful of survivors to safety after the bombing of a Dallas hotel. For years, he gave frequent speeches and interviews but then suddenly dropped out of the public eye, shunning all media. Now Kerra is willing to use any means necessary to get an exclusive with the Major--even if she has to secure an introduction from his estranged son, former ATF agent John Trapper.

Still seething over his break with both the ATF and his father, Trapper wants no association with the bombing or the Major. Yet Kerra's hints that there's more to the story rouse Trapper's interest despite himself. And when the interview goes catastrophically awry--with unknown assailants targeting not only the Major, but also Kerra--Trapper realizes he needs her under wraps if he's going to track down the gunmen . . . and finally discover who was responsible for the Dallas bombing.

Kerra is wary of a man so charming one moment and dangerous the next, and she knows Trapper is withholding evidence from his ATF investigation into the bombing. But having no one else to trust and enemies lurking closer than they know, Kerra and Trapper join forces to expose a sinuous network of lies and conspiracy--and uncover who would want a national hero dead.

Buy Links:

Amazon│Barnes & Noble│Indigo

__________________________________________

Review:

Having never read any of Sandra Brown's books prior to this one, I didn't really know what to expect when diving into this book. Admittedly, I eyed this book for a while before I decided to take the plunge and read it. Having read from the romantic suspense genre. I am glad I ended up giving this book, and Sandra Brown, a chance because I can 100% say that this has become one of my favourite books.

Seeing Red begins right off the bat, leaving me sitting on the edge of my seat wanting to know what happens next. It is filled with numerous conspiracies, suspense, danger, mystery, sizzling chemistry, and a seemingly endless suspect list.

Kerra Bailey contacts John Trapper in hopes of getting in touch with his father, The Major became the hero who led survivors out of The Pegasus Hotel bombing in 1992. For John Trapper, this signalled the end of his happy life, and view of family, when his father latched onto the celebrity status he received from his heroic actions. His obsession with the bombing investigation and whether it was ever truly solved has costed Trapper his job at the ATF as well as his relationship with his father. So when Kerra shows up asking him to help her get in contact with his father, he has no desire to participate in her quest for an interview.

Kerra Bailey has been wanting to get in contact with The Major not only because of professional career as a journalist but also due to a more personal reason. She will see to it that she gets that interview with or without Trapper's help. But denying her attraction to Trapper might prove to be harder than getting that interview.

However, when Kerra's interview with The Major doesn't go as planned, Kerra and Trapper are through into a storm of epic proportion. They try to get to the bottom of things all the while trying to stay alive in the process.

The romance between Kerra and John was spectacular to read! Brown definitely knows how to write some hot and steamy scenes. Though I sort of predicted what would happen, I still immensely enjoyed this book. Sandra Brown did an amazing job keeping me on my toes and entertained with those twists and turns. There were some I was floored by, seriously. Brown's characters and writing hook you into the story and make you want to keep reading until you know how it all ends. I was hooked on this book from the very beginning to the very end.

I can not wait to read Sandra Brown's other books. I highly, highly, recommend Seeing Red to any and all romantic suspense readers. This is not one to be missed. 

Rating:
★★★★★

About The Author:

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including STING (2016), FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE (2013), & LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy novels, bringing the number of copies of her books in print worldwide to upwards of eighty million. Her work has been translated into over thirty languages.

In 2009 Brown detoured from romantic suspense to write, Rainwater, a much acclaimed, powerfully moving historical fiction story about honor and sacrifice during the Great Depression.

Brown was given an honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from Texas Christian University. She was named Thriller Master for 2008, the top award given by the International Thriller Writer's Association. Other awards and commendations include the 2007 Texas Medal of Arts Award for Literature and the Romance Writers of America's Lifetime Achievement Award.