Chapter 1

"Hey.. Are you awake? Can you hear me? Hello?"

Some distance away, you saw a boy with ivory, gravity-defying hair towering over an unconscious brunette with an insane ahoge. You assumed they're about 16, give or take a year, since they were in the same class as you. You ran your fingers through your [H/L] [H/C] hair and let out a sigh. You kept your gaze on the two and saw that the boy with the ahoge began to stir.

"Hey, are you alright? You seem dazed. It's not that surprising though, you just fainted and now we're in this situation. I'm pretty sure everyone else is the same, so don't worry about it. Hello?" The white haired boy continued to talk to the half-awake brunette.

You zoned out for a moment, thinking back to what happened before you encountered this duo.

Flashback

As you reached the gates, you turned around as your parents gave you a bone-crushing hug. After gently returning the hug, you pulled away, struggling slightly for breath.

"It's your first day, so be good, okay? To think that the first school our [F/N] is going to is the top high school in the country! I'm so proud of you!" Your mother cried with joy. Your father wrapped an arm around your sobbing mother and gave you a soft smile, which you returned.

"You've never had the chance to make friends before now, so this is your chance. I want you to know that we're proud of you, and we love you more than anything. Good luck on your first day – we'll be waiting to hear all about it!" Your dad's smile stretched even further. You nodded, with your spirits lifted higher from their encouragement.

"I'll do my best. See you later!" You waved with a wide smile and turned to step towards the colossal building known as Hope's Peak Academy. You saw your parents retreat and you stopped in front of the entrance. With a deep breath, you took a step forward. With that one step, the world around you spun and you were engulfed in a sudden darkness.

You slowly opened your eyes to be greeted with a dark, empty room, with nothing but a door in the middle. 'A door in the middle of a room?' you questioned. It was suspicious, but after analysing the rest of the room, it was the only place to go. Cautiously, you approached the wooden door and slid it open.

Brightness flooded your vision as you made your way through the opened doorway. Once your eyes adjusted, you saw sixteen other students standing silently, staring intently at the one who had just entered.

Glancing around the room, you observed that it was a classroom with seventeen desks in total, some with various occupants. Each student ranged from different heights and sizes and some had quite unusual appearances. 'Is this what people my age usually look like?' You thought.

A cough resonated from across the room, effectively shattering the silence.

"Are you an Ultimate, too?" A girl with short, crimson hair and freckles asked. You noticed that she had a camera hung around her neck. 'It's probably something to do with her talent. A photographer, maybe?'

In response to her question, you nodded.

"Well, that's everyone." A large boy in a white suit and glasses stated.

"Eh? How'd you know that?" An enthusiastic girl with horns on her head exclaimed.

"There are seventeen desks and seventeen students here, obviously. Even someone as dumb as you should be able to figure that out." He replied arrogantly.

"So, what do we talk about??" A short boy with his hair in one large curl piped up. He seemed to be some sort of chef from the look of his outfit and he was the shortest out of everyone in the class.