Chapter 5

You had quite a lot of time on your hands, so you decided to go and talk to someone. You spotted Hajime walking alone around the first island, so you briskly walked towards him before he got too far away.

"Hajime!" You called. He stopped and looked in your direction. A smile made it's way to his face and he made his way towards you.

"Hey, [F/N]. Do you wanna hang out?" Hajime asked, his smile still unwavering. You nodded and you continued walking.

After a while in a comfortable silence, you started a conversation.

"So, did you remember what your talent is yet?" You glanced over to him for a moment, just in time to see his head lower a bit.

"No... No matter how hard I think, I just can't remember," he replied with a sorrowful expression.

"Ah, not to worry. I'm sure it'll come to you eventually," you reassured, looking ahead of you. He raised his head and stared at you, unsure of what to say. You noticed he was gawking at you from your peripheral vision and shot him a grin. He was caught off guard by your sudden gesture, but soon returned it.

"I wonder how you do it," he pondered out loud. An intrigued expression overtook your features, wondering what he was mumbling about.

"Y'know, you're just so calm. Even for someone so experienced, I would have thought you'd have at least some shock..." he continued. You chuckled under your breath.

"Well, it wasn't as if I wasn't a little shocked, scared or anxious. Last night I felt fairly uneasy, knowing that someone I became friends with could potentially kill either me, or another one of my friends." You admitted. "I might have seemed composed on the outside, but that's only because I've learned to control and hide my emotions over the years. The pressure doesn't get to me as much. You guys are my first ever friends, so I wouldn't know what to do if something happened to any of you. It's all new to me." You muttered the last sentence, crossing your arms, looking into the distance.

"To be honest, I think you're pretty cool." Hajime said, a faint blush tinting his cheeks. "You can protect yourself, you can compose yourself under pressure, and it's clear that your intelligence and your observation skills are way higher than the average teenager. I kinda wish I was like you," he said with an awkward laugh, rubbing the back of his head.

You looked back at him in mild surprise, not expecting him to say something like that. You gave him a broad smile.

"Thanks, Hajime. I think that made my nerves calm down even further. It's always nice talking to you. From what I see, that's one of your personal traits. You can make someone's spirits lift just from talking to them for a while." Your grin widened a little while it was Hajime's turn to look surprised.

You two continued talking for a while, until you decided to part ways. You said your goodbyes and went to talk to someone else.

You stopped by Rocketpunch Market and saw Akane scanning the shelves for food. You smiled softly at the sight and strolled over to her.

"Hey, Akane. Want to hang out for a while? Maybe we could spar for a bit." You suggested. Akane's eyes lightened up at the last part.

"Hell yeah! Where'dya wanna go?!" She asked, cracking her knuckles.

You decided to spar in the area in front of the supermarket, since it was quite large and spacious.

Akane was very nimble, with a lot of strength, but you ended up winning because of technique. You analysed her moves and ways of fighting and were able to detect any flaws in her combat, dodging and blocking every kick or punch she threw at you. The longer you fought, the more predictable her moves became. You were able to land multiple hits on her, the number of hits increasing as time went by. After a few hours of fighting, Akane became worn out and you suggested that you ended it there.