Chapter 15

You opened your eyes slowly, to find out that tears had collected in the corner of them. Your vision was blurred, but you sat up and wiped the water away gently with the back of your hand. Your heart was racing, but no sweat emitted from your pores. Again, no matter how hard you thought, you couldn't remember anything.

You stood up and made your way to your mirror, instantly reaching for the dark circle cream that Monokuma gave you the previous day. Without even looking at yourself, you knew you would need it. You applied it and washed your face, checking your appearance in the mirror as you raised your head again. Satisfied, you continued with your usual routine.

The morning announcement sounded just as you had finished getting ready. You walked over to the door and opened it, only to hear a dispute between two males.

Fuyuhiko and Hajime were outside of their cottages. 'Wait... Fuyuhiko?' You made your way towards them, their conversation becoming clearer by each step you took.

"... You say you're going back... did you go somewhere?" Hajime asked.

"Didn't I tell you that I didn't want to fucking talk?!" Fuyuhiko's fist was raised as he growled at the other boy.

"... Is it that game?" Hajime realised, making the Ultimate Yakuza sweat.

"Wh-What do you mean?"

"What's that in your hand, Fuyuhiko?" you enquired curiously, popping up behind him.

"Wh-Where did you come from?!" he shouted.

"An envelope? What's inside?" Hajime wondered.

"Sh-Shut up, both of you!!" He edged towards his cottage. "What the hell makes you think that you have the right to question me like this?!"

"We weren't-"

"Do you not like the fact that I acted on my own without consulting you guys? Is there something wrong with that, huh?! Are you gonna tie me up like you did with Nagito?!" It was a bit of an understatement to say that Fuyuhiko was enraged.

"Seriously, we didn't mean-" Hajime just couldn't get his sentence in.

"Don't ever talk to me again! I swear if you do, I'll fucking kill you!!" He opened his door and slammed it in your faces. You stood there, unaffected and turned to Hajime, who had sweat rolling down his face and a shocked expression.

"So, want to go to the restaurant?" He snapped out of his daze and nodded slowly. At a steady pace, you made your way to the usual meeting point.

You expected everyone to be there, but Mahiru was the only one at the top of the stairs. She was holding a tray of food and her eyes lit up when she saw the two of you.

"Ah, perfect timing you guys! I've been waiting for anybody to come right now!" she beamed. You tilted your head questioningly.

"What do you mean? Waiting?"

"Well, I was thinking about delivering this..." she started, looking down at the tray.

"Is this someone's breakfast...?" Hajime mused.

"Oh, is it for Nagito?" you asked, looking back at her.

"Yeah... I mean, if we just leave him tied up, he'll starve, won't he? Just how long are they planning to continue this...?" She lost herself in her thoughts for a while until Hajime answered her.

"There's no way we can keep him tied up forever."

"That's what I thought to begin with, but maybe it's better if we keep him tied up forever?" Her tone suddenly turned bitter.