Chapter 26

A few minutes before the morning announcement played, you woke from your undisturbed sleep and got ready for the day. When you went to see yourself in the mirror, you noticed that you had extremely dark circles, which you deemed were worthy of having the Monokuma cream applied to.

When you did so, you had no patience to wait for thirty seconds, so you simply wiped the cream off after ten. For some infuriating reason, the cream didn't do its job, so you rubbed the excess back into your skin with pressure that made the area turn red. You wiped it back off to see that it still didn't do anything, so you let out a weak scream of frustration.

"Hey hey, did you forget or something?" a random voice called from below you. You gritted your teeth and were ready to kick them, but realised it was Monokuma, which probably wasn't the best idea.

"What the hell do you want, stupid tanuki?" you glowered.

Monokuma raised his paws in surrender, backing off. "Woahhh... I guess I can't blame you, upupupu... Wait for thirty seconds after applying the cream, kiddo! I get that you have no patience but jeez... That's insane."

"Get out of my sight," you growled, temper shortening every moment he was in your sights. Monokuma gave a little salute before jumping and disappearing into nothing.

You sighed and clicked your tongue, applying the cream once more in a gentler manner. Your mind cleared briefly, going back to its original state, before you got a pounding headache and your vision started to blur. You grasped your temple and clutched onto the sink for support, waiting for the pain to end.

By the time it did, it was well past a minute and the Monokuma announcement played. You wiped off the cream once more, content with the fact that it did what it was supposed to this time. You exited your cottage and didn't run into anyone throughout your journey to the restaurant. As you reached the bottom of the stairs, you could hear a girl crying inside. The sound alone irritated you, since you really didn't want to have to deal with this kind of thing at seven in the morning. Reluctantly, you made your way up the stairs and peered around the corner.

Akane was in tears, kneeling on the floor. Not what you had expected.

"Waaaahhh.... I-I... I'm scared..." she whimpered, tears streaming across her cheeks. "What's gonna happen to us...? Waaaaaaaah! I'm scared!"

Hajime was staring at her confusedly. His gaze turned to you, mentally conversing with you as to whether or not you knew what was happening. You clicked your tongue, rolled your eyes and shrugged your shoulders, turning towards Nagito who had a very serious expression across his face.

"Hey, what happened to Akane? Don't you think she's acting kind of weird?" Hajime asked him.

"Hajime!" Nagito shouted directly into his face. "Be careful! That probably isn't the real Fuyuhiko!"

"What are you talking about...?" Hajime wondered, furrowing his brows.

"I know. Really, I know. The real Fuyuhiko is already dead," he said confidently. At his loud volume and his spouting of nonsense, you couldn't help but interfere.

"Say that again, you bastard!" you yelled, grabbing him by the collar.

"That's probably... Fuyuhiko's clone!" Nagito continued insistently. "I also heard from Monokuma that Nekomaru couldn't be saved."

This really made you snap. Your head pounded, your blood pumped, your vision spun. You began to sweat as you tightened your grasp on Nagito's collar and brought him closer to you.

"If you dare say something like that again, I'll kill you," you threatened, eyes piercing into his.

"Please don't kill me!" he pleaded. "I don't want to be a stepping stone for the Symbols of Hope!"