Chapter 29 - Class Trial [Part 2]

A/N: Thank you so much toiiMocha_ (Wattpad) for the amazing fanart!! I seriously love your style, it's really cool! I'm in love with the background, the fact that you made it black and white like Monokuma is amazing, and the pink shadow really makes the character stand out! It's weird how it reminds me of Danganronpa blood, though. Thank you so much, the attention to detail is amazing!

That was the first sentence that was said to break such a silence.

Of all sentences.

"Huh?" you said, face contorting in confusion.

And of all things, that was the first thing you had to say to it.

Very intelligible, [F/N].

"Did I confuse you? That's why I wish I could die from self-loathing," Nagito chuckled nervously.

"Here we go again..." Akane said, sucking in a breath.

"If that's the case, it would have just been fantastic if they went ahead and killed m-"

"Nagito, what are you getting at?" Hajime interrupted impatiently. Nagito looked up, wagging a finger.

"Patience, Hajime. I'm getting there. I suppose I went a bit overboard with my introduction to it, though. Anyway," he said, exhaling. "If they had killed someone else, me for example, then the imitation would have been perfect, right?"

When no one responded, he carried on. "So why didn't they do it?"

"Ahem – You can't kill more than three people in the first place," Monokuma responded.

"That rule is way too harsh. I couldn't get killed because of that," Nagito sighed.

"For god's sake, shut up already! Just shut up forever!" Kazuichi shouted.

"But... don't you reckon he has a point?" Hajime said hesitantly.

"Because they didn't kill three, like in the movie? You know that's only because of Monokuma's rule," Kazuichi denied.

"First off, I'm pretty sure that was because it was created after we started investigating, but second of all... if you think about the movie, then the lion who got killed second... then isn't it weird how we're calling it an imitation, but if I can remember correctly, the lion was pinned up by arrows," Hajime noted.

"If we're calling this an imitation, then isn't it a bit incomplete, since they just used common household duct tape?" you said.

"M-Maybe they just used a common substitute because it was too difficult for them to imitate the arrows?" Mikan suggested.

"But doesn't that attitude make this feel even more incomplete?" Chiaki pointed out. "If they planned to falsify the murder sequence from the beginning, then they should have taken the right steps to properly imitate it."

"Are you saying that the imitation wasn't planned, then?" Fuyuhiko asked.

"Or are you saying... that Hiyoko's death wasn't."

The way you said it was more of a statement than a question, to which Chiaki reflected your solemn expression. When she didn't respond, various shocked sounds escaped everyone's lips.

"Wh-What?"

"U-Um... I understand what you mean about the imitation not being enough, but... aren't you making a bunch of assumptions now...?" Mikan questioned doubtfully.

"No, aside from the poor imitation, there are other things," Chiaki explained. "For example, why would Hiyoko go to the music venue?"

"H-How are we supposed to know that!" Mikan yelled in disbelief.