Chapter 33

A/N: Thank you so much to lovelypie_25 (Wattpad)  for the adorable fanart! I love the sketchiness of it, and the clear Danganronpa style in her design! (Your writing is hella neat as well, by the way). I generally like how cute and innocent she looks, despite her background! Thank you once more!

Also:

I'm not actually sure if this warning is necessary, but I just wanted to be safe ❤

Warning: This chapter contains some dark or sensitive themes (but then again, I guess the whole story does). Reader discretion is advised, but if you're unsure then please skip to the very end of the chapter to know which themes will be included!

"-ey... Hey!!" a voice called from beside you.

You groaned, groggily squinting your eyes open to see a certain black and white bear beside you. He was shaking you by the arm as you remembered that you had fallen asleep on top of your bed, rather than under the duvet.

"Finally!" he whined, rolling his eyes. "Jeez, after the events of yesterday I thought you'd never get any sleep! Shows what I know..."

"What do you want?" you glowered, covering your eyes with your arm.

"Since you so rudely fell asleep before I could explain," he began critically, "I've come here to announce that you need to be in Grape Tower every morning at 7:00AM!"

"7:00AM?" you muttered, uncovering your eyes and frowning at the small toy. "Why?"

"Nuh-uh!" he scolded, wagging a disapproving finger. "You have to get up to find that out! It'll really wake you up. Don't worry! It's only 6:30AM, so you won't be late if you go down now! Aren't I so generous for being your alarm clock this morning?"

You scowled, growling sarcastically, "So generous. This is probably going to be some way to make us even hungrier..."

"Who knooooooows?" he cooed, shrugging his shoulders. "Anyway, if you're late, you'll be punished, so roll your starving ass out of bed and let's go!"

He disappeared, giving you the cue to give out a groan of frustration.

"Whatever," you grumbled, sluggishly forcing yourself out of bed and through the door.

As you were about to take your last step down, you paused in your actions. What would things be like if Fuyuhiko was in there? Would it be awkward? Or would you both play it off as though nothing ever happened?

The conflict span through your mind as someone tapped your shoulder, wanting to get past. Flinching, you redirected your gaze to them, noticing Hajime with a puzzled expression standing behind you.

"[F/N]? Why are you standing on the last step of the stairs?" said boy asked, still standing on the step behind you.

"O-Oh, sorry," you apologised, taking your last step down and moving far enough away so that he could pass by. "Just lost in thought."

"I see. Did Monokuma tell you to go to the Grape Tower, as well?" he questioned, stepping down beside you.

You nodded, brushing your fingers through your [H/C] hair, which was now becoming a little greasy. "He didn't tell me what for, though. Knowing him, it's probably something awful."

Hajime let out a weak laugh, which matched the colour of his face; weak. "It never ceases to amaze me how you know him so well, [F/N]."

You grinned, shaking your head lightly. "I guess it's just a trait I've developed over the years. Shall we go?"