Chapter 13

A/N: Thank you so much Levelin (Quotev) to for the fanart! She's so cute! I love your attention to detail by adding her dagger holster to her leg, and her outfit is adorable! Thank you for taking the time to draw this!!

Also, this chapter will be a bit shorter than the others, so I apologise for that!

Was the resemblance really just a coincidence? The more you looked at it, the more unlikely it became, but the possibility still remained above 1%.

"... Chiaki, didn't you say you found something? What was it?" Kazuichi broke the building silence.

"I'll fucking slice you open if this is a waste of time." Fuyuhiko threatened.

"Why the hell are you even here?" Mahiru asked, clearly irritated by Fuyuhiko's rudeness.

"That bitch over there kept badgering me, so I finally decided to come. Satisfied?" He growled.

"Did you find a way to get off this island?!" Ibuki chirped, breaking the tension.

"Nope. Nothing like that." Chiaki stated bluntly. Ibuki pouted and shrunk back.

"Then who actually cares? I should have played in the bath with Mahiru more." Hiyoko frowned childishly. Mahiru blushed a deep crimson and looked away.

"Then what could you have possibly found?" Gundham enquired curiously.

"If it's not a way off of this island... could it be something to do with the island's secret?" Hajime asked. At his question, Chiaki hid herself under her hood and looked down to the ground.

"About that... I don't know."

"What do you mean by you don't know?" A drop of sweat rolled down Peko's temple.

"It... It doesn't seem like it belongs with a building like this... Whenever I think about it, I can't shake off the thought that it just feels unnatural." Chiaki responded. "It's like it's a comic book originally about baseball that then became a side-scrolling action game. That kind of unnatural."

You sweatdropped at her comparison, but understood what she meant.

"That's a little hard to understand..." Hajime said, laughing nervously. Her comparison aside, you realised that she was talking about the door you spotted when you had first arrived. It was far too advanced for the ruins surrounding it, even if it did have dust and roots camouflaging it.

"Are you talking about the door? I agree, it does seem out of place." Everyone else turned to the object you had pointed out in confusion.

"So... What's wrong with it? It's just under a pile of dust, can't we go inside it?" Mahiru asked, turning back to Chiaki.

"Before we try to go inside, let's try brushing off some of the dust and clear some of the roots away from the door." Chiaki suggested. "After that, I'm pretty sure you'll know what I mean by 'unnatural'."

You all did as she said, some straining and tiring out more than others. By the end of it, some were out of breath whereas others were simply staring at what they had uncovered.

"Wh-What is this... door? It doesn't feel like it belongs here... not in an ancient ruin..." Hajime stuttered, looking up at the hunk of metal that stood before him.

"It's kind of like a door from a sci-fi movie, don't you think? It really doesn't fit with this structure..." Mahiru mumbled from beside him.

"What is that symbol on the door?" Peko asked, furrowing her brows.

"It looks like it's Japanese..." Nekomaru input gruffly.

"You're totally right!" Ibuki gasped excitedly.