Bleak

(Y/n)'s POV

"(Y/n)!" I turned around at my name being called, and saw Jae stomping over to me.

"WHERE DID YOU GO?! I LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR YOU," she irritatedly said as she pulled me along with her.

"S-sorry," i apologised softly.
Suddenly, Jae stopped walking and turned around to face me.

"Did something happen?"

"H-huh nope! Why?"

Jae looked at me for a moment before changing the subject. "Nothing!" She said, looking at her watch. "It's already the afternoon, do you think we can check in now? I mean like we've been dragging this heavy luggage everywhere and it's killing me."

"Me too," I nodded, smiling at her. "I think it's about uhh..." i paused, referring to the map, "10 minutes walk from here."

------------------------------------------------

"Woahhhh~" Jae and i stood at the opposite side of the hotel, admiring the polished, and grand exterior.

"Hm as expected of a five-star hotel," Jae nodded in satisfaction. "There's even a huge chandeliar outside the hotel."

"Hahahaha, yup. Come on let's head in," i said, pulling my heavy luggage along to cross the road.

As we moved closer to the hotel entrance, the doors were pulled open by the hotel staff which bowed and greeted us.

"How may i help you?" The hotel's receptionist asked with a friendly smile.

"We would like to check in please," Jae replied.

"Give me a moment, i'll check if your room is ready."

------------------------------------------------

"I really wanted to take a nap you know~ THE FLIGHT DRAINED MY ENERGY," Jae started whining. "I really wanted to see the room too. Argh..."

Turns out that the previous holder of the room key checked out late. So the hotel staff needed extra time to clean the room.

"Well at least we don't have to drag our luggages around anymore. They'll help us bring the luggages up to our rooms when they're ready," i said, trying to sound positive. "Why don't we have retail therapy, to make your sleepiness go away?"

Jae's eyes lit up immediately at the mention of "retail therapy". She enjoys shopping. As for me, not so much. I shop to survive, which basically means, i only shop for necessities. Just not my kind of leisure i guess.

"SO SO, WHERE ARE WE GOING?" Jae started bouncing on her two feet.

"Let's go to Shinjuku then. It's labelled on the map for shopping. I read from a guide that it's a shopping district or something."

Throughout the entire trip, Jae couldn't sit still. She already listed out the things she wanted to buy in her head and literally read her entire "mind list" to me.

At least an excited Jae is better than a lethargic one

"I wanna go there, there and there!" Jae pointed at the different shops one-by-one excitedly when we arrived.

I chuckled at her kid-like behaviour. "Yeah yeah sure. Haha, let's just remember to stick together. But just IN CASE we really lose each other, let's meet at that red building over there, okay?"

"Yes okay! Leggo!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the first shop.

------------------------------------------------