Crossed paths

(Y/n)'s POV

The trip to the dog cafe wasn't quiet like i expected. V was just busy talking about his love for dogs, which eventually led to the topic of bubbles and then to dolls. I don't even know how. It's like he has this secret talent of linking unrelated things together. *Lol* Jungkook on the other hand was just listening in and laughing occasionally. He was still really shy and didn't talk much.

The whole journey took about 40 minutes, and we arrived at the dog cafe just five minutes before it officially opened. "Come in!" Tae signalled for me to come in as he opened the glass door.

"But it's not officially opened yet."

"It's okay! I'm bringing you here not just as a customer but as a friend too," he smiled. "Don't just stand there, it's cold outside."

"(Y/n), let's go in," Jungkook softly pushed me forward, with a friendly, shy smile. I entered the dimly litted cafe, and barks could be heard before a small brown puppy jumped onto me. I recognised it immediately as the puppy that i saw yesterday.

"What's your name?" I patted it softly.

"Coco," a female voice said. I looked up and saw a tall, slim woman whom i didn't even realise came out from a room behind the counter.

"Taetae you're here! Ah you too Kookie," she said smiling at both of them before her eyes fell on me again, scanning me with her eyes. "And this is...?"

"It's my new friend, Amelia. Her name is (y/n)." V said, smiling.

"Oh nice to meet you, (y/n)!" She walked over to me and held one of my hand in both her hands, shaking it. She flashed me a big smile before hooking her arm over my shoulder. I was surprised at the over-friendly gesture. "So, you like dogs?"

Too close...

"M-mhm yes," i said, trying to create a bit more distance between us.

As if she didn't notice my discomfort, she hugged me closer to her, keeping her smile on her face. "Great, you can help me in the storage room." She said, guiding me towards the back room.

I stepped into the storage room which was filled with metal shelves. On the shelves consisted of dog supplies and some other random tools.

"It's a shock to see you here."

------------------------------------------------

Jae's POV

Jin opened the front door to the apartment, "you first."

I bowed my head slightly thanking him. Expecting to see (y/n) running towards me, it didn't happen. And the apartment was surprisingly quiet. "(Y/n)?" I called out. There was no response.

"Is everyone out?" I asked Jin.

"Looks like it, no one told me anythi-" he stopped talking as he saw the notifications when he unlocked his phone.

3 New Messages from 2 chats

He clicked on the notification and saw that they were messages from V and Suga.

~☆~

From: V
Hyung! Kookie, (y/n) and i are going to the dog cafe to help out!
=========================
Let's meet there directly when you're back with Jae! (^.^)

From: Suga
Hyung, i'm out on an errand with Jimin and Hobie.

~☆~

"Ah yeah, they're all out," Jin sighed. "Tae told me that she followed Kookie and him to the dog cafe...and we're supposed to meet them there."

"So we're going now?"

"Yes."

"Okay, wait i'll go get my belongings." I walked to Jin's room as quickly as i could to gather my things. The room was already tidied up, i'm guessing by (y/n) and my haversack was left on the bed. Seems like (y/n) brought along all my shopping bags with her.

She understands just how forgetful i can get lol

I carried my haversack and went back to the waiting Jin who was leaning against the wall, using his phone.

Finally arriving at the dog cafe after a crowded train ride, i quickly entered the now-crowded cafe, searching for (y/n). I saw her just behind the counter, she looked like she was deep in thought.

"(Y/n)!" I called out and she looked up and smiled immediately. I walked over to where she was and i noticed her smile faded.

"Jae, is your leg okay? Why are you limping?" (Y/n) frowned, worry evident on her face.

"Yes i'm fine. I hit myself accidentally...i'll tell you the whole story later."

------------------------------------------------

"Ohhhh~" (y/n) wiggled her eyebrows at me after i told her what happened in the morning.

"Oh not that face please. It's not what you think," i said, trying to make the whole situation clear to her. It was obvious what she was thinking but no, things are not like that.

She just gave me an unconvinced look with a playful smirk. And i rolled my eyes at her. "So did Namjoon find his wallet?"

"I'm not sure actually..."

------------------------------------------------

Narrator's POV

It wasn't long before it was finally evening and (y/n) and the rest were allowed to leave. Peak hour was over and Amelia said she would be able to manage.

(Y/n) was quite relieved to be able to be off her "volunteer shift". V had told her beforehand that she might have to end up helping out since they were shorthanded and she agreed. Everyone was quite tired from the day. But just as Jae and (y/n) were about to say goodbye and head back to their hotel, the others said that Hoseok had messaged everyone to meet them at a nearby Japanese restaurant for dinner. Jae and (y/n) included.

------------------------------------------------

The Japanese restaurant was a really traditional one, it didn't have chairs but customers were instead required to sit on the cushion on the floor.

"How's the food?" Hoseok asked everyone but were having his eyes fixed on both Jae and (y/n).

"Eh good," (y/n) replied. Jhope nodded, smiling.

"Yeah it has to be. Thanks to our hardwork, we managed to get a table here. Usually people would have to book a week in advance, befo-" Jimin smiled, nudging Suga interrupting him. "What? It's the truth!" Suga frowned.

"So what did you all do today?" Jimin quickly changing the subject.

"Oh we went to the dog cafe to help out," Jungkook said, taking a mouth of rice.

Jimin choked on his tea. Jhope beside him patted his back, "Yah Jimin! You okay?"

"(Y/n) you went there? To the dog cafe?" His eyes showing a hint of both surprise and concern.

"Yup, and Amelia gets along really well with her," V added.

"Really?" Jimin asked, looking at (y/n) for confirmation. (Y/n) smiled back, nodding.

But even both Jae and some of the boys were able to catch her hesitation ever so slightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YEAHHH~ Im done with this chapter😂

Thank you so much for reading! It's encouraging to know that people are reading what i'm writing😂

Thank you once again and hope to see you in the next chappy!

Signing off,
(♡^♡)