Unexpected

"BOO." We heard someone right behind us say in a low voice between both our heads.

In that instant, Jae swung her umbrella and i swung my precious manga towards the voice.

We heard a deep voice yell out in pain, followed by some rustling sounds before a thump. "Holy shit, hyung's gonna get me for dropping all this." Whomever or whatever was behind us definitely sounded annoyed.

Jae and i turned around, expecting our eyes to meet with someone's chest or another pair of eyes. But instead, we saw air.

"Huh?" we looked down and saw a frowning male wearing a black mask picking up groceries from the floor.

"ARE YOU HERE TO KIDNAP US?!" Jae screamed in fear.

"Hyung! Take off the mask. You're scaring her!" A shorter male which was wearing a red beanie anxiously said. He was standing about diagonally behind the one with the mask and was carrying several bags of groceries.

"Do i look like i'm gonna kidnap you?" He retorted, looking up from the ground still with his mask on.

"..." both Jae and i kept silent.

"No one asked you to scare them, hyung," the shorter male piped in, chuckling before bending down to help pick up the groceries laying on the ground.

Both Jae and i quickly squat down with all our shopping bags hooked onto our arms, to help put the groceries back into the plastic bag. Once the last item was placed into the bag, i stood up and dust dirt off my hands. The pavement is really dusty...i understand if it's dirty but dusty...? There aren't any construction taking place nearby. So...people seldom pass through here?

Are we really that far away from the city?

"Thanks," the masked male stood up and faced us, finally pulling down his mask.

Jae and i gasped once we registered who this person was. "I-it's you...the one from this morning."

"Took you guys long enough," the familiar deep voice said. "So what are you two doing here? If i remembered correctly, your hotel isn't in this area right?"

"Yeah we got lost. Took the wrong train by accident. Can you tell us how we can get back?"

"Hm, either by train or by a cab. But looking at the time now...it's quite impossible to get a cab here and i'm guessing you took the last train," he said a matter-of-factly. We nodded. He let out a sigh. After a slight pause, the male with the red beanie whispered something into the ear of the other. Who thought for a moment before nodding. "Tell you what, we live here just round the corner and we've a spare room. Maybe you wanna crash there for the night?"

I don't even know who this guy is. What if he's some creep?

"If not, you guys will have to stay on the streets on that very illuminated spot for the entire night," he slowly hooked his arms into handles of the grocery bags from the cold pavement.

That was out of the question. Anyway we'll leave immediately the next morning and only borrowing the room for a night. It won't hurt...right?

"Uhm..." i looked over at Jae and she looked tired. She looked like she didn't care about anything else except getting the sleep she wanted for hours now. "Oh okay...thanks."

"My name is Namjoon. Or you may also call me Rapmonster. And this guy here," he paused, nudging him forward, "is Jimin."

"Hi, i'm Jimin," the male with the red beanie(but still much taller than me) said with a slight nod and an eye smile.

Almost immediately, a strange feeling formed at the pit of my stomach. I smiled back, pushing away the strange feeling i got from looking at him.

"So...you don't know who we are...?"

"H-huh? Who?" I gave a puzzled expression, which in turn earned one from him, "I mean other than knowing that you're the guy that helped us this morning?"

He stared at us in surprise. "You'll know when we reach the apartment."

Jae was still clinging onto my arm with all her shopping bags. Her eyes looked like it was half closed. "I wanna sleep..." she mumbled.

"Yeah yeah, we'll be able to get you your beauty sleep soon..." i told Jae softly.

"So...you both stay here together, alone?" I asked curious about why anyone would stay in this neighbourhood.

"Nah, together with my other brothers too," he smiled showing his dimples while shooting me a glance. That was the warmest smile i've seen from him. His brothers must mean a lot to him.

The smell of the moist soil from the surroundings hitting my nostrils every so often. The sounds of crickets and the slight rustling of the plastic bags that these two males in front of us were holding made a somewhat comfortable silence. With the occasional glancing behind to check on us by these two new aquaintances things were slightly awkward. But...what's this feeling i'm getting?

I feel like i can trust them...

------------------------------------------------

"Yah! Open the damn door. I forgot the keys," Namjoon raised his voice, pounding the door using the palm of his free hand after putting his grocery bags on the floor.

Shuffling could be heard from the other side of the door before it opened. Revealing a rather pissed off looking male with mint hair. It was obvious he just woke up from his sleep since he still had his crazy bed hair. "Yah! Why are you so forge-" his eyes widened for a moment as his gaze landed on Jae and i.

"Hyung, can you open the gate now? My arms are about to drop off from all these weight," Namjoon stated, lifting his arms to show his hands full with grocery bags.

The mint-haired male quickly unlocked the gate letting us into the apartment. "Wait wait wait, who are they and what are they doing here?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yayy so here's chapter 8! I know i took super long to update this chapter😂 so sorry><

Anyways i hope you're enjoying the story so far!

Signing off,
(♡^♡)