Meet up

Jae's POV

After ensuring the door was closed with the bolt over the door, i quickly kept the gloves in my back pocket before walking back into the room. As i walked over to where my haversack was, i saw (y/n) sitting at the corner of her bed just staring at the television blankly.

Hm good, i shall just put the gloves in my bag secretly and give it to her later on

"Shoot," i muttered under my breath as other stuff from my bag fell out with a thud as i unzipped it. I mentally facepalmed as i witnessed my effort to be as quiet as possible go down the drain.

"Oh you're back," (y/n) looked up at me and i hurriedly shoved the glove that was in my hand into my bag.

"Ah haha, messy as always," (y/n) laughed. "I still remember during school, how all your books will magically come out of your bag looking like it has gone through war," she said standing up from the bed and started walking towards me. "Here, i can help you reorganise your bag."

In fear of her finding out about the gloves, i quickly changed the subject. "Do you actually understand what the tv programme is about," i tried to laugh naturally, gesturing to the television which was airing some random Japanese variety show.

"Actually no, i'll go see if there're any English channels," she skipped over to the other side of the room to get the remote controller and switched channels.

Oh thanks goodness

I quickly took the opportunity to stuff everything back into my bag and made a mental note to remember to repack my bag later.

---------------------------------------------------------

It was a long day and we were both really tired so we quickly got ready for bed. As i was drying my hair with the towel, i suddenly remembered what i needed to do.

Ah the gloves

"(Y/n)-ah."

"Yeah?" She looked up from her phone and answered me from under the covers.

"Don't sleep yet, come here."

"Why?"

"Quick, don't be lazy and get your ass here."

I heard a snore.

"You know what, i'll just keep it for myself."

"Oh," she sat up suddenly, "you wanted to give me something? Is it food?" She half dragged half jumped out of the bed to get to where our bags were. "Great timing, i was just feeling hung-"

"Here." I said passing her the gloves.

"For me?"

"Nope, it's for the third person in this room," you gave her a sarcastic face.

"Aww thank you," she received the gloves from your hands and looked at the gloves, "how did you know i didn't bring gloves?"

"I...just do," you tried to sound as natural as possible as you opened your bag and started packing it.

"Thank you," you looked up and saw her looking at her hands with the gloves on with a smile, "it's really warm and soft."

"No worries," you smiled, glad to see her smile again.

---------------------------------------------------------

Narrator's POV

"Good night (y/n)," you heard Jae say beside you as you felt a slight tug on the blanket.

"Nights Jae," you replied softly as you switched off the side lamp just beside the bed, making the room plunge into the darkness, except for the slight illumination from the toilet.

You closed your eyes and tried to go to sleep, but somehow you just couldn't. Scenes from the day kept repalying in your head, the guilt you felt was still somehow causing a weight on your shoulders. You felt tired, but just couldn't get to sleep. You tossed and turned on the bed for what seemed like forever until you gave up and sat up on the bed slowly, careful to not wake Jae beside you.

With your eyes still closed and hair messily covering your face, you tried to reach for your phone. You felt the cold surface of the side table against your palm until your fingertips touched the familiar handheld device.

---------------------------------------------------------

[At the apartment]

"Guys it's late, quickly go take your showers and go to sleep," Jin said before disappearing into his room.

"I'm using the toilet first!" Taehyung immediately appeared by the doorway with the towel around his neck.

"No! I'm using it first!" Jungkook blocked the entrance to the toilet with his leg.

"But i let you use the toilet first yesterday," Taehyung grumbled.

Jungkook held out his hand towards Taehyung, and without saying a word, both of them decided on who will use the toilet first based on what they think would be the fairest way.

"Ha! You're rock, i'm paper," Jungkook ran his fingers through his hair with a smug expression.

Jimin brushed past both of them wordlessly and entered the toilet, quickly closing the door behind him. The two youngest looked at each other blankly and decided not to kick up a fuss knowing that their hyung wasn't in the best of moods.

---------------------------------------------------------

[At the hotel]

You slipped your phone into the pcket of your jeans as pulled the winter coat over yourself zipping it all the way up. Looking into the full length mirror, you slapped your cheeks with your your gloved hands.

"Stop running away from the problem," you told yourself with new determination before you grabbed the key card and left the hotel room quietly.

---------------------------------------------------------

You tightened your scarf around your neck and pulled it up higher to cover your nose and mouth.

It so cold...

You scrolled through the messages again and double checked the place both of you were supposed to meet.

Yeah correct place...where is he?

"(Y/n)!" You turned around at your name being called and frowned at who you saw.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who is she meeting and why is she so surprised?😏