Emily's life: 10

"How about these?" Nicole asks holding up a pair of my ripped jeans and a cute one shoulder shirt. Of course I would probably find a sports bra to where underneath it.

"That's cute" I say.

"Good, because when we go we're going to the movie theatres with a couple of the guys, and they said Toby is going" she says smirking.

"Cool. Are we gonna go swimming? Should I bring a bathing suit?" I ask, changing the subject.

"I don't know, but I would just in case" she says. I go into my drawers and grab out a bathing suit has an almost cropped top part and just regular bottoms. It's also a light pink.

"That's cute" Nicole says, grabbing some lulu lemon capris that are dark blue and a superman tang top.

"Thanks, that's cute too" I say, considering lots of these are her's because she's left lots of stuff here, although I can't remember half of the stuff that is hers.

"That's good, cause this is what you're gonna wear on Saturday. We'll figure out Sunday in a sec. I'm just gonna go to the bathroom" Nicole says. I say okay and she goes down the hall and I hear the door close.

I start to go through my closet. I find my purple sweatpants and a black tang top. I'll use them for pyjamas. I pull out my favourite turquoise top where the sleeves go to the elbows and the bottom of the shirt is long.

"I think those would look good with some black shorts, and we can pair your white converse with everything" Nicole says, entering my room.

"Okay, so everything's ready?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"I have to show you some hair styles" she says. I look at her confused.

"Your crush is going to be there, and so is the top 3 most beautiful and popular people in middle school" she says.

"Ya, but if Toby likes me, he won't go for some random people that he doesn't even know and only likes for their looks" I say.

"That's probably how he found you" she says.

"No, when I was in sixth grade, I was really shy and apparently mysterious, so one day he followed me to the music room and heard me playing the piano and then from that day he just kind of kept an eye out for me" I say.

"Okay... but still. I'm gonna teach you a couple of hair styles. And let's do no make up, because we're in seventh grade" she says. I nod my head.

We walk into the bathroom and she gives me a ponytail.

"Your hair doesn't even need to be brushed to do this, so let's start" she says. She puts her hair in a high pony and so do I.

"Okay, so all you have to do is the two sections of your ponytail around your hair and then tie it. You don't even need to bobby pin it" she says. I do as she says, and after a couple tries I finally get it.

"Good! Let's go to the next one."

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long! I've been really caught up with school, and I hung out with my friend last weekend, and I was sick and stuff. And I'm sorry for this bad chapter. I'll try and post two more in at least this hour.

Love you guys!
-Kay