Emily's life: 11

"Nicole! Emily! Loren and Geo are here, and it's time for supper!" I hear my mom yell.

"Coming!" I shout back. Nicole chuckles.

"What?" I ask.

"She said my name before yours" she says. I look at the door.

"Huh. That's just rude" I joke. She laughs, and so do I.

"Come on, let's go" I say. We run down the stairs and into the kitchen to see Loren and Geo sitting there.

"Hi Loren! Hi Geo!" I say, giving each of them a hug.

"Hey. How are you doing?" Loren asks.

"Fabulous. What about you?" I say. She smiles.

"I'm also fabulous" she says. I smile.

"So what's up?" She says to Nicole.

"Oh, nothing much. The same old usual" she says. Loren laughs.

"Well that's boring" she says. Nicole laughs.

"Well you can't be up to anything more exciting" she says. Loren shrugs.

"You got me on that one."

"Come my children, eat" mom says. Nicole and I laugh, and Loren and Geo smile.

I go to the stove and dish myself out some noodles. I grab a cup and pour some iced tea into it. Nicole does the same except she gets water. We sit at the table, me in between Geo and Nicole and Nicole next to me and my dad.

"So Emily, how are your drawings going?" Geo asks me. He loves my drawing, and he gets really involved with it.

"There pretty good. I recently started drawing my mom and dad from when they were 15" I say.

"You should draw Loren and I" he says. I laugh.

"I'll draw you guys next" I say. He smiles.

"Do you guys have any plans tomorrow?" Loren asks.

"Ya, we're going to an all weekend sleepover" Nicole answers.

"What about next Friday?" She asks.

"Nope, I don't think so. Why?" I say.

"In Pine Hills, every Friday night, they have the dances, and don't worry, there kid friendly. But their looking for a lead singer for like 3 weeks. I guess they won't have anyone for tomorrow, but if your up to it, they will have someone for Friday. Maybe you can even go back next Friday. It's only about half an hour away from here" Loren says.

"That would be so cool! Nicole can sing too, and I could even invite my friend Toby because he loves to too! I mean, if that's okay" I say. She smiles.

"Ya, it's okay. Just don't bring 6000 people, I think 3 is good" she says. I laugh and nod my head.

"Mom, can you call the café and ask them if I can take Friday off?" I ask.

"Yup, I'll just ask them when we go tonight" she says.

"Speaking of the café, you should start getting ready. We gotta go in 15 minutes" she says. I eat my last bite of noodles, wait for Nicole to finish, and then we walk up to my room.

"Are you excited for next Friday?" Nicole asks. I nod my head before flipping my hair over my head to put in a high ponytail.

"I can't wait" I say.

"Do you think your singing career will go anywhere?" She asks. I shake my head.

"No, I don't want it to. I want to live a normal childhood, not some crazy fantasy where I'm ducking from paparazzi" I say.

"Same with me, although sometimes I do fantasize about what it would be like if I were to be popular" she says. I nod.

"Same" I say.

"Emily! We have to go!" My moms shouts.

Nicole stand up.

"That's my cue to go home" she says. I give her a hug.

"Bye, I'll see you tomorrow" I say. She waves and leaves.

"Let's get in the car and go" my mom says. I grab my water bottle and head out.

Alright, one down, one more to go. The next one will be the sleepover.
Love y'all!
-Kay