Emily's life: 13

Toby takes his shoes off and comes over to us. Kat puts her arm around him, about to kiss him, when he puts his hand out in front and pushes her away.

"Back up Kat. I'm in eighth grade, I don't need to be friggin making out with people" he says. Everyone laughs except her and her posses. I stand up and walk to the kitchen, which is an open room so you can see the entire living room from it.

"I don't want to kiss any of the girls in this living room. I'm not into kissing people" he says. Sadness comes across my face. I was just saying that all the guys are jerks because I didn't want to say who I really like.

I walk back into the living room and sit on the couch again. Nicole comes up and sits next to me.

"Do you think he meant that?" She whispers to me.

"I kind of hope he didn't" I say.

"Or at least I hope he still likes me. I really didn't mean what I said, I was just trying to make it seem like I didn't like anyone" I say.

"What are you guys whispering about? What were you about to say Nicole?" Victoria says loudly to us. Everyone stops talking.

"Answer her!" Kat screams. I flinch.

"I was about to say 'I know, Kat is the worst. She's such a turd.' Happy?" Nicole says. Everyone laughs. I smile. I mouth to her 'thank you' and she smiles and nods her head.

"The pizza is here. Anyone want to grab it?" Danny says from upstairs.

"I will" Toby and I say.

"Okay, well grab it. There's 50 bucks on the table for it" she says.

Toby and I stand up and head to the door. I grab the 50 dollars and Toby opens it.

"5 pizzas and a box of chicken wings for house 31 on Assiniboine street (made up)" the pizza dude says.

"Yup" Toby says. He takes the pizzas and I give him the money, and I throw in an extra 20 from my pocket because he probably needs it more then me.

"You can take the 20 back, it's only 50 dollars" the pizza delivery guy says.

"It's okay. Keep it" I say to him. He tries to keep in a huge smile.

"Thank you" he says. I nod.

"Have a good day" he says to me.

"You too" I respond, and close the door.

"Why'd you give him the extra 20?" Toby asks me quietly.

"Because he probably needs it more then I do. And anyways, what's the big deal? It's just money" I say. He shrugs.

"Here, let me take two" I say. My hand brushes against his, and I try to pretend like it didn't happen. I grab the two pizza boxes.

"Okay, so we have pepperoni" I say. "Ham and pineapple" Toby says. "Buffalo chicken" I say. "Cheese and a vegetarian pizza" he finishes.

Everyone goes to the pizza that we set up on the counter and takes a paper plate and a couple slices. I take nothing though, considering I'm not that hungry. I'm not that hungry at other people's house, but at mine and Nicole's, I'm like a a friggin savage.

"Not hungry?" Nicole asks as she comes back with two slices of pizza.

"Not really" I respond. She nods. She gets it. Everybody gets into their little group of friends, which in my case is just Nicole. I would usually go over to Toby's group, but he doesn't really have the best thoughts about me right now.

"When's Danny's sister coming?" I ask Nicole.

"She had to cancel. She just got a call that her boyfriend is in the hospital so she went on a plane to see him because they live in different states" she tells me. Awe, that's so sweet.

"That's cute" I say. She nods.

"Nicole, Emily, come hang with us!" I here Peyton say. I look over at him and see him motioning us to come over. I grab Nicole's hand and we walk over.

"Hey guys" Nicole says.

"Sup. Hey Emily, are you okay? You aren't eating supper and I didn't see you eat any lunch today either" Annie says to me.

"Oh, I'm fine. I'm just not hungry. Trust me, when I'm at my house or Nicole's, I'm a freakin savage" I say. They laugh. (By the way, I'm not trying to offend anyone when I say savage, because I know in some cultures that word is offensive. No hard feelings.) Annie nods.

"Thanks for coming" I hear Danny say to a couple people as they leave. I mean, we are going to the movie theatre, and there was about 20 people here to start and now there's about 10. I guess lots of people couldn't stay for the movie.

The people that are left are Nicole, Toby, Jordan (Toby's friend), Annie, Peyton, Kat, Victoria, Jordan (popular person), me, and of course Danny.

"Okay, so we are gonna go to the movies. If you guys wanna change, the girls can just go into my room and the guys can go into my brothers room" Danny says.

"Come on, let's go" Nicole says to me, finishing her pizza and putting the plate on the coffee table. I follow her up the stairs and into he bedroom. We both grab our bags and go into the main bathroom, because it won't be as crowded, and besides, we're best friends.

I grab my outfit and put it on. I look in the mirror and start doing two braids on each side of my head. I quickly wash my face, put on some lip chap because I always have really chapped lips, and I'm done. Nicole and I grab our bags and walk out and into the bedroom.

"You guys are suppose to be changing in here" Kat says snotty to us.

"And this is one of my best friends places. I have the right to change in her main bathroom" Nicole replies. Kat rolls her eyes and continues putting on mascara.

"That's what your wearing?" Victoria says to me. My god, what does this chick have against me?

"No duh. I'm not into dresses and heels and make up and stuff. I'm casual" I say.

"That's boring" she says.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom" I tell Nicole. She nods.