Emily's life: 14

I go into the main bathroom and close the door. After doing my business, the lights suddenly turn off. Power outage maybe. I try to open the door, but it's locked. The lock is on the outside. The girls locked me in.

"Very funny guys. Now let me out" I say. I suddenly hear deep breathing. I hold my breath. And this is the moment that makes my heart stop beating. Through the little light that's shining through the door, I see the reflection in the mirror of a knife.

"Help! Let me out!" I scream. The footsteps start to get a bit loud. Then I realize the person is coming to me slowly.

"Let me out! Let me out!" I scream over and over. Tears start to come to my eyes.

"Stop it! Let me out! This isn't funny!" I yell. I feel the blade of the knife touch my skin.

"There's someone in here! Help!" I cry.

"Kat! Let her out!" I hear someone say.

"No, she can die in here for all I care" I hear her says.

"Let me out!" I cry.

"Move!" I hear someone says. The door flies open and I sprint out as I feel the point of the knife on the back of my neck. I don't even care who the person is, I'm scared for the life of me.

"Shush, it's okay" I hear a soothing voice whisper. It's Toby. Everyone around us is so confused.

"There was someone in there. The person had a knife. They touch me with it, and I swear I thought-" I cut myself off with more tears coming.

"Your gonna be okay, just breath" he says. Kat growls in frustration and goes into the bathroom. She grabs the knife out of the persons hand. She comes over to me and raises her arm, when suddenly she is pulled back and the knife is snatched out of her hand.

"Kat! Did you attempt to murder her?!" Victoria screams.

"Well obviously! She's stealing Toby away! But that just made everything worse!" She screams back.

"Toby, call the police. Your the one with the first aid training and know what to say" Victoria says as she goes to pin Kat down so she can't get away.

Toby takes one arm off around me and grabs out his cellphone.

"9-11, what's your emergency?" I hear in the other line.

"My... friend, was almost murdered. She was locked in the bathroom and someone convinced somebody to try and kill her. Then she grabbed the knife out of the person's hand and she tried to stab her" Toby says. More tears come into my eyes just thinking about it.

I can't expect anything like this not to happen. My mom and dad said I have a very long history of crazy things happening. My mom went to the hospital lots of times, there was so many murderous children, her parents were abusive. It's all on my moms side, and I'm continuing it.

He waits a second, says the address and thanks the person and hangs up.

"Come here" Nicole says. I stand up and jump into her arms, wrapping my legs around her calves.

"Your gonna be fine. I'm sorry I didn't protect you, I'm sorry I wasn't the one to get you out" she whispers in my ear.

"It's okay" I sniffle.

"Where's the knife?" I whisper. Her grip on my back tightens.

"I don't know" she whispers back. She sets me down, but keeps her arms wrapped around me, and I still cling to her like we're conjoined twins.

"Who was in the bathroom?" I ask Victoria quietly.

"I- I don't know" she says.

"I'm gonna go turn the lights on in the basement for the bathroom" Toby says.

"And by the way, the police will be here soon, in like 5 minutes" he says before going down the stairs.

"I don't want him going down alone" I say before letting go of Nicole and walking down. I walk down the creaking steps and step onto the cement floor.

"Who's down here?" I hear Toby say from a little room. I walk towards it.

"It's just me" I say. He nods as he comes in sight.

"Sorry, I just don't want you down here alone" I say. He holds in a smile.

"Look, I'm really sorry about what I said. I was just trying to make it seem like I didn't like anyone. Truth is everyone is a cocky jerk, except you" I say. He smiles.

"And you probably were serious about not wanting to kiss any girl in that living room, and I'm okay with that because I know you might not like me after what I said. But I just want you to know that I like you, and nothing's going to change that" I say. He turns to look at me.

"What I said was true" he says. My fave saddens. He leans closer to my ear.

"But you weren't in the living room when I said it" he whispers. He looks at me deep in my eyes, and soon the space between our lips is gone, and I feel his soft luscious lips against mine.

My first kiss. I would change anything about it. It's with the right person, the right time. My parents said there's never a bad timing for anything. They're right. Everything suppose to happen for a reason.

We walk back upstairs and the police are taking Kat out of the house and the mysterious person that was in the bathroom.

"So, what now?" Peyton says breaking the awkward silence.

"Well, I'm still here. And there's a theatre that we have tickets to, so let's go!" I say. Everyone laughs and cheers.