Normal Day, Normal Life

Waking up to the smell of blood in the air couldn't get any better. I woke up in a pile of trash with blood stains on my hands. I saw what I did last night. Last night, I was thirsty for blood. I saw a squirrel, and drained the life out of it. I don't kill people. I don't take someone's life away or try it into a nightmare.

I looked at my watch and i only had 45 minutes until I had to get to school. I ran as fast my legs could carry me. Everything around me was blurred, while the wind was blowing across my face. When I reached my apartment, I took a quick shower and put on a Nike t-shirt and some soccer shorts. I only ate a banana because I was still full from the squirrel. I drove in my motorcycle, and parked my car.

I always get the looks from people

I always get the looks from people. I walk in, and see my best friends,

"What's up Tobin?" asked Ashlyn as she gave me a bro hug.

"Nothing much, just woke up in a pile of trash with blood all over." I said casually. (they were the only ones that knew I was a vampire).

We were talking when the double doors opened and a figure walked in. I did't quite see the person's face, but what I did see were the other peoples' faces reaction. Their mouthes were dropped, and when I saw the face, mine did too. It was a girl with green eyes and brunette hair. I had to say she did look good. But I can't love someone.

I turned around, trying to to ignore the fact that she was here, until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Excuse me, my locker is right there," said the girl pointing to where my back was leaning on.

"Sorry," was what I only said. I saw from the corner from my eyes was a smirk. I couldn't hold my smile.

"So you're the new kid huh?" said Kelley enthusiastically.

"Uh yeah, I guess,' said the new girl awkwardly.

"You got a name?" said Ashlyn.

"Christen Press, I play soccer and I love dogs."

"That's cool, we also play soccer," I finally said.

It looked like she released her breath. A sigh of relief. It was so obvious.

It turned out that she was pretty cool. We were all fond of her. It turned out that we have 3/5 classes together. I walked into History, and plopped down at the back row. Christen sat next to me. Once in awhile I saw her staring at me. I didn't want her to notice that I saw her. I also stared at her, but I did get caught. I quickly turned my head and felt myself blushing.

*Skip to Lunch*

I sat down at a table with the soccer team. I saw Christen coming in, so I stood up and homered her name. She saw and came walking over, sitting next to Julie and Carli.

"How has your first day been so far Christen?" asked Kelley.

"Fine, classes were okay, but there was one that was one of my favorite."

"Ooh which one?"

"Well..."

"No wait let me guess. Was it P.E.?"

"Not quite but it was a good class. It was History."

My head jerked up, but quickly recovered it. I felt butterflies in my stomach. Come on Tobin, stop acing like this. "Why was it your favorite?" presses on Kelley, noticing my reaction.

"I don't know, I'm just so fascinated with the past I guess."

I could tell that this day was gonna get better.