Breath

Kelley's Pov.

I did not think twice when Tobin fell. I jumped in right after she landed in the water. I saw her body sinking faster, making me use my energy. When I reached her, breathing started to get a problem. When I reached he surface of the water, I was pulled under from the weight of Tobin. 

When I got a firm grip on her, i pulled dup again, and looked up to see the others one a t time jumping in,fighting off the last of the vampires. I swam to shore, and laid down Tobin's body. 

The vampire who struck at her did not pull her heart out fortune tally, but that did not mean she was going to live. I picked her up bridal style, and ran her to the car. I laid her across the back seats, and got into eh drivers seat. 

I waited for the others to run to the cars. Christen came in first, and laid Tobin's head on her lap. The rest flowed, and we drove back o Abby's house.

 At Abby's cabin

It was chaotic when we open the door. We startled Julie, who was reading a book. We pushed everything from the kitchen table to the side, and I laid out Tobin. Everyone was doing things at the same time. People pulled out medical things. I only watched. I was too shocked to do anything. 

I walked out of that space, and decided to get out of the house. I ran outside, with tears in my eyes. I heard my name called, but i ignored it. I kept on running, and didn't stop. 

I stopped, and screamed. I started to yell out profanities and kicking everything. I could've done more, your a failure, you didn't save Tobin.  All of that was in my head. I started to get infuriated in myself. 

I heard a noise behind me, and spun around to see Hope. 

I started to cry, and ran towards her. She pulled me into a hug, and we stood there. her warm body press against mine calmed me down. 

"Kelley..." 

I broke her sentence by pressing my lips against hers, "Shhh." I said after I released myself from her. 

She looked at me. Her eyes were filled with despair, but hope that Tobin would be alright. How could anyone not fall for her? She reconnected our lips, and we got into a rhythm. Her strawberry flavor lipstick wafted in my nose. 

I once again removed our lips again, and pressed our foreheads together. We finally walked back, and heard no noise. I started to get worried, and rushed  in to see everyone staring at Tobin's body. 

I was scared. "What happened?"

"She's fine, we just need to wait."

I looked and saw she was breathing. Christen had blood shot eyes. Her hand was laced around Tobin's. We carried her upstairs on a bed. Christen said she was going to stay with Tobin, and we all gave her space. 

I sat down on the sofa, with Hope's arms wrapped around my body. I put my head under her chin. I started to get tired of sleep and gave in as the sleep took over my body. 

Christen's Pov.

It was morning, and Tobin still has not woken up. I knew that it would take awhile ,so I patiently waited for her. 

"Tobin, if you can hear me, I'm right here. I'm not going to leave your side," I whispered. 

"I love you so much. You gave yourself for me. That is a sign of a promise for us in the future. I can see you and me, with maybe a child calmly enjoying our lives. I promise you, I will not give up on you. I promise I will be faithful to you. You are the one Tobin."

I raised her hand, and kissed it

I raised her hand, and kissed it. I started to cry. I was so scared what could happen next. I felt something twitch in my hand. I looked up, and saw her hand moving. I gasped. I looked at her face, and saw her eyes moving around, but her eye lids were still closed. 

"Tobin can you hear me?"

She opened her eyes, and looked at me. I screamed in delight, and pulled her head to mine. I gave her a kiss, and pulled her in a word. 

"Christen." 

"You scared the crap out of me," I cried. 

"Don't think for a second your not getting rid of me that easily," she joked. 

I probably made some noise, because the others were coming up the stairs. Kelley swung open the door, and started to cry. She walked over, and gave Tobin a hug. 

"Tobin, my friend I thought the worst." she cried. 

"Kelley, you don't have to worry about a thing."

The others said their part to Tobin, and finally, Tobin and I had some alone time.

Tobin's Pov. 

Seeing Christen's face was like an antidote. When eh others left, I gave her another hug. 

"Your a vampire now?" I asked suddenly. 

"Yeah, I am," she said, turning her he'd so she wasn't looking at me. 

"Hey," I said pulling her head back to me, "I'm not mad, it was your decision."

She smiled, "I was worried that you'd be disappointed in me.

"Well at first I was confused, but now I understand."

"Your the best girlfriend, you know that right?" 

"I know I am," I teased. 

We walked downstairs, to see my friends at the kitchen, with smiles on their faces. 

"Tobin, great to see you back!" yelled Hope.

"Great to be back." 

It felt good reunited with my friends. Being in a coma was not fun. Julie was chill, she understood our abilities. I know that I missed a lot of soccer, but I'd rather live in this life and know that everything was going to be okay than being locked up at school. 

But I did miss soccer. I said that I would be outside. I grabbed a soccer ball on the way out, and did some juggling. As I was juggling, I heard a noise behind me. I stopped and saw Ali. 

"Hey Tobs," she said, coming towards me with arms crossed. 

"What can I do for you?"

"I was wondering if you saw a man with a scar that goes through his eye. He's not a vampire, I think he's a werewolf."

"I don't think so. It was pretty dark. Why?"

She looked behind her. Obviously she kept what ever she was going to tell a me a secret, "Its just that last time i saw my brother, Kyle, he was taken by this man who had a scar, and had a tattoo on his arm that looked like he was a werewolf."

"I am so sorry Ali," I said, pulling her into  hug. 

She started to cry, "Its been weeks and I haven't seen nor heard anything form my brother."

"Your brother is strong. He can get out of it. I know that because he was trained by Abby."

"Thanks Tobin."

"No problem. Anything for a friend."

We walked back to the cabin, and Christen told us that we were all going out as a break. I didn't know if that was a good idea, but I agreed. We could use a break.